in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-16-2008 11:04 AM by Mr10Percent. 52 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2008 12:14 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Beosound / Beosystem 5

Hello All

I have two different stories

1) Beosystem 5 will link together with beomedia 1 which i have. beomedia 1 will get a software update to work with beosound 5.

2) I have been told beosound 5 will not work with beomedia 1 that is on the website but actually discontinued? and the beosound 5 will be a two box solution.

Does anyone have any more info on this, will it or wont it work with beomedia 1?

Thanks

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-12-2008 1:37 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound / Beosystem 5

2 is correct. It will not work with BeoMedia. BeoMedia is discontinued. The BeoSound 5 / BeoMaster 5 is a two box solution. 

I think that the rumor about the BeoMedia being able to upgrade came from the fact that the BeoMaster 5 is identical to the BeoMedia in terms of its form factor. The back panel and the inside, however, couldn't be more different.

The BeoSound 5 will the the head unit to the BeoMaster 5 and you will find over time that the BeoMaster 5 becomes more of a platform than a product.

As a BeoMedia owner, I understand there is only so much they could practically do with the BeoMedia. It would be nearly as expensive to replace all the hardware needed as it would to simply upgrade.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-12-2008 1:38 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 5 will be a 2 box solution incorporating BeoMaster 5, which is not BeoMedia 1

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 09-12-2008 2:35 PM In reply to

BeoMedia 1 WILL be updated with the new FW and can be used with Beosound 5 !!

But ofcourse not the same performance as BeoMaster 5

• 09-12-2008 2:48 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Does anybody know the range of digital file codecs the new system will record/play?

Ray 

• 09-12-2008 3:01 PM In reply to

Let's just cross fingers then... Maybe it is time to buy a cheap BM1 on ebay! 

• 09-12-2008 3:27 PM In reply to

BeoSound 5 is great!

User friendly with a great 'wheel action' and a superb display - the answer to the next B&O audio system.

• 09-12-2008 3:29 PM In reply to

Go on go on!Smile
  • 09-12-2008 5:02 PM In reply to

I have heard UK dealers will have BeoSound 5 in store during November, so not long now.
  • 09-12-2008 6:31 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

so i have now got two replies one saying it cannot be used with beomedia 1 and another saying it can lol

i hope it can two dealers have told me it cannot be used with it?

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-13-2008 4:04 AM In reply to

BeoMedia 1 can't be used with BeoSound 5.

• 09-13-2008 6:54 AM In reply to

OK, Just been pottering around a little city somewhere in England on a Saturday Morning.

So the good news:- I've seen the BS/BM5

Bad News is I here it is delayed until February. This is what it looks like (I have a drawing but not sure if this will post)

Star of Chrismas promo shows the wheel and "aluminium discs below the wheel. This is the stand.

The Alu discs, then lead on to an black cylinder which is truncated at an angle. This is the stand for the BS5.

The screen is cantilevered off the wheel. A black glossy 10.4inch LCD.

The screen has all the details/art cover you could ever want. Radiating from the wheel is a red arc. The other side of this looks touch sensitive but not ure.

The aluminium discs look like a mechanism to rotate the screen 90 or 0 degrees - but not sure.

It looks like a "nothing" design but I'm sure will grow. Encompasses MOTS (nothing like MILF I am told) more of the same.

Beomaster 5 looks like Beomedia 1 black box.

10%  

• 09-13-2008 6:56 AM In reply to

forgot to mention that the photos were approved for the next BeoMag. Therefore expect to see them on Mediacentre some time soon.

Ps if someone can tell me how to append a bitmap......

10%

• 09-13-2008 7:20 AM In reply to

Mr10Percent:

Ps if someone can tell me how to append a bitmap......

10%

Click right and rename to jpeg or save as jpeg! or if you have paint, I think you can open in paint and save as a jpeg.

• 09-13-2008 7:37 AM In reply to

something like this....

There is something really heavy (tungsten) in the cylindrical food as it is self supporting:-

10%

• 09-13-2008 8:17 AM In reply to

Wow, gravity defying!

I suppose if you turn the cylinder around it can be attached to the wall instead...

p. 

• 09-13-2008 8:50 AM In reply to

As indicated below, it appears (not confirmed), that the tablet can be rotated 90 degrees with the "layered alu discs (which look messy and mechanised).

The tablet looks drop-dead cool with immages appearing from the "contrast screen" rather than an LCD.

Past the "red arc", it appears that there may be limted touch-sensitive "light-up" buttons ala beo5.

It will appear to defy gravity standing on an off-centre/off-centre of gravity truncated cylindrical stand.

In many ways, very very similar to a BS4 but only 20mm thick tablet.

10%

ps:- Koning.  Sorry to say that I have no idea of the formats. I only saw pictures of the product itself.

• 09-13-2008 10:30 AM In reply to

We haven't heard a thing about a 2 way remote besides not to worry about it and in the times or business week interview it was described to be like Sonos. Can it be that the Alu ring is not for rotating it but for taking the Table off the stand? In the pictures of the concept they showed people holding a table. Also, they hinted in a slogan that the music will follow you. 

If it is just that thing, without 2 Way it wont be much more then a glorified Ipod. 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-13-2008 10:34 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

mr_anders_son:

BeoMedia 1 WILL be updated with the new FW and can be used with Beosound 5 !!

But ofcourse not the same performance as BeoMaster 5

so many different opinions????

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-13-2008 10:37 AM In reply to

On more thing, the rotation wouldn't make much sense to me. You do this once when you install the thing. Think about the BS9000 with a rotation feature. They should of course support the different installation scenarios but to make a rotation feature part of the design when they could just attach a different podest or stand?

I am hoping badly you can take it off the podest. A Beo5 2 way  would be nice, but to take the entire tablet .... that could be it if it is not too large.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-13-2008 2:10 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

What concept pics? I haven´t seen them.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 09-13-2008 4:38 PM In reply to

Mr10Percent:

something like this....

There is something really heavy (tungsten) in the cylindrical food as it is self supporting:-

10%

Tungsten is also used in the base of the Beo5 remote control. It is a very dense and therefore heavy metal. 

• 09-13-2008 6:16 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Mr10Percent:

Beomaster 5 looks like Beomedia 1 black box.

I really hope this Beomaster bit is small. If Apple can get an entire computer in to a Mac Mini case, I'm sure B&O can do the same. If it's the size of the Beomedia 1, I won't be happy. Where would you be able to 'hide' this box?

The Beosound/master 5 combo should be similar to the Beocenter 2. You could design a computer the size of the Beocenter 2 socket box.

Are you sure it's delayed until February? I was told that early Summer (by a top guy from B&O UK, visiting the Bath store..), but I've since been told 'November' as it's a finished product.

• 09-13-2008 6:33 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

It will be in the shops november but only for demo not for sale.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 09-13-2008 8:28 PM In reply to

Would someone please post a link to the mentioned businessweek story?

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next >