in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-12-2008 11:22 AM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2008 8:43 AM

I just thought I would introduce myself

Hello all,

This is my first time into the world of Beogram! I just inherited a Beogram model 1202 turntable in good working order and thought I would read around the subject. :)

So does anyone have information on this model? How would you go about connecting this up to a modern amp (Don't shout at me for doing this - I am in a one bed flat with no room but once i get space I plan on spending some serious cash on a valve amp with some smooth sounding deep speakers.

My current set up is some Sony SS176EB floor standing speakers and a Sony Amp. I guess I will need a pre amp aswell but i'll ask about that in the correct place.

Other than music I love cars and am a regular on Pistonheads.

Thanks for reading

Dan

• 09-12-2008 11:22 AM In reply to

Re: I just thought I would introduce myself

You have landed on your feet here! The 1202 is the best of the 1200 range, being based upon the top of the range Beogram 3000.

Couple of notes:

1. Make sure the little pegs are in the correct holes - the outer ones are slightly longer than the inner ones. They can get mixed up after cleaning!

2. The best cartridge is the SP12 which suits the deck very well. 

3. If your Sony does not have a dedicated Phono input, you need a RIAA. Lee at Lifestyle AV sells some suitable ones

Welcome to Beoworld. 

If I were looking to get a value amplifier to go with this, I wouldn't but would look for a Beomaster 3000 or even a 4400 which are ridiculously cheap at present! I like the sound of valve amplifiers but they sound all warm and pleasant because of the type of distortion that they produce! All amplifiers do have distortion but most valve amplifiers have more than most. Most of the valves are not actually audio products but produced for completely different purposes! And beware some devices that purport to be valve amplifiers but turn out to be almost completely solid state with a couple of valves whose only purpose is to light up! Laughing

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)