in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-27-2008 12:36 PM by stotty1111. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2008 12:18 PM

• majand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-26-2008
    • Helsinki
    • Posts 72
    • Gold Member

Beomaster 3000-2 problems

Hello Beoworlders!

I recently acquired an old Beomaster 3000-2, always admired that slider design and finally got one. But just my luck. I knew, when bought the thing, that screen from bass slider was missing and some scratching  noise came from vol and balance sliders, not a big deal, could be taken care of quite easy, i think.

But now, when I finally installed it, I found out that there is distortion on left channel. This is the same with radio and casette. The sound is like somebody having a clump of slime in throath.

Any idea, is it some capacitor dried out, and if, which one is the suspect, or where the problem might be?

Also, any idea, where to find the slider screen for the bass?

Are the potentiometers ordinary sliding potentiometers available in electronics hobby shops?

Pekka

• 08-27-2008 12:36 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Re: Beomaster 3000-2 problems

hi

try an electronic component outlet for an aerosol switch cleaner/lubricant spray and try spraying the slider slot usually the spray has a thin tube to attach it to the spray head if possible use that - it may be successful!

tony s

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)