in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-22-2008 3:28 PM by 850volan. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2008 4:24 AM

beocom 2 not ringing

Hi All

I just got a Beocom 2 from Ebay. After a few days use,i was wondering why there was no call at all so i use my handphone to call the Beocom2 .There was no ringing but when i picked it up,i could receive my handphone call and talk. I could also make outgoing calls. All else seems to be fine except not ringing. Is there anything i can do to fix this? There shouldn't be anything to do with connecting cables cos i can hear dial tone.

Appreciate any comments.

Thank you.

Filed under:
  • 08-18-2008 7:24 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Re: beocom 2 not ringing

Check the ringer level in the menu. It may be set to ringer OFF.

Regards

Jonnie

• 08-18-2008 7:32 AM In reply to

Does it ring when you change the volume of the "ring" through the menu?

The Beocom 4 had at some point an issue, the little speaker broke and had to be replaced. Was quite common for the early ones. For Beocom 2 though, I never heard of that.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 08-18-2008 8:07 AM In reply to

Hi.

Thank you for the prompt reply. When i set the ringer volume ,it rang on all volume settings. It was set to loud.Only issue is it didn't ring when there is incoming call. I checked all in the setting menu. There is nothing else to set. The serial number is 1084699 16067895  02W27  . I believed it is the earliest model. I also have Beocom 6000, but nothing in the menu indicating that i can register it to Beocom 6000 base.This could be the stand alone model.

any input is welcome.

Thank you.

• 08-18-2008 8:45 AM In reply to

Oh oh oh,

Make sure that its not a mk1 phone connected to a mk2 base station.

• 08-18-2008 9:40 AM In reply to

Now i disconnected all Beocom 6000 and use the Beocom 2 alone(it's a built in base charger type). Anyway ,i didn' see any menu to register it to other base so i guess this is the stand alone model. The screen didn't even respond to incoming call,i guess it should light up,right?  (i use my own handphone to call it) it didn't ring or respond but if i pick it up ,i can talk but if someone else outside calls ,i will never know. Could this be the problem with socket? I got it from UK but i now use it in Thailand,anyway the phone comes with the same socket as we use in Thailand.There are 4 wires but we use only 2 wires. There is dial tone and i can make calls. It's kind of weird. Could this be the phone's fault.

Thank you.

• 08-18-2008 12:53 PM In reply to

The problem you have is that the ring signal is missing on pin 3.

In the UK the phone signal comes in on two wires to a "Master Socket" which has a ring capacitor in it to pin 3 with the phone line on pins 2 & 5

So, to use it in Thailand you will need to connect a "Master Socket" to your phone line, then plug your phone into the Master Socket

Regards Keith....

• 08-22-2008 1:56 PM In reply to

Hi again Keith.

There seems to be nothing you can't answer about B&O.

I'm a bit confused. I got this 8 pin jack RJ45 ,   that uses only 4 pins on both sides (2 pins on each side) that goes to the power adaptor   and 4 pin regular phone jack that we use only two center pins to my phone line. I don't know which one goes to where.     Could you elaborate this. I'm dying to hear it ringing.

Regards

Lek.

Filed under:
  • 08-22-2008 2:06 PM In reply to

I can't get the photos on . How do you do it?
  • 08-22-2008 3:28 PM In reply to

Hi again Keith!

I tried to connect as you said. As there are 4 wires ,2 for power and two for phone line. If i connect 2 phone lines to pin 2&5(originally they were connected to pin 1&2) , where is the other wire to go to pin 3 in the master socket? I'm a bit dumb about this. Please clarify if possible.

Thank you.

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)