in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-04-2009 9:44 PM by tc0fh. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2007 6:20 PM

IR eye for beoport

I have 2 pcs of IR-eye. The have no cabel attached so I don't know what type they are.

Both mine has a print on inside on the circuit board that is "DPD 9405"
    On has 6 connectors (grouped ••  ••  ••) and one has 5 connecters (grouped •••••).

Will any of these work with the beoport?
    Are they both the same, only from different age/versions

/Ola
  • 05-11-2007 3:45 AM In reply to

Re: IR eye for beoport

Hello Ola, this is the 2006 IR-eye model which is perfectly working with my Beoport:

Good luck. 

Santiago

• 05-11-2007 5:42 AM In reply to

Yes, I found this sketch to. One of mine looks like this while my other doesn't have al five connectors i a row (ooooo). The other one is gouped in three pair of two (oo  oo  oo) 

Are the the same? Same inscription on the PCB.

/Ola
  • 05-11-2007 6:35 AM In reply to

B&Ola:
    Yes, I found this sketch to. One of mine looks like this while my other doesn't have al five connectors i a row (ooooo). The other one is gouped in three pair of two (oo  oo  oo) 

Are the the same? Same inscription on the PCB.

/Ola

I have no idea at all about PCB's similarity question,
    but answering your another question: "Will any of these work with the beoport?", the IR model I've show you, works perfectly well with beoport, as already said before.

Greetings. 

Santiago

• 05-11-2007 4:43 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Instead of looking at the PCB, you should look at the front.  The "BeoPort" IR has only up and down arrows while the Link Room IR has up, down and timer. 

Stan

• 05-11-2007 6:35 PM In reply to

Thanks Santiago!

I've now tried both of them and I just cant get it to work.
    Do you use it for Front Row or just as a Link room IR-eye?

/Ola
  • 05-12-2007 1:52 AM In reply to

B&Ola:
    Thanks Santiago!

I've now tried both of them and I just cant get it to work.
    Do you use it for Front Row or just as a Link room IR-eye?

/Ola

You're welcome Ola, 

I use that IR-eye to full control Beoport (and the BL4s powerlink connected) with beo4 in my linked office (the computer room) using PC Beoplayer, and I've connected myself the 3 wires using the diagram I've scanned for you. 

However, I know that it also works very well to control frontrow and itunes in a Mac.

@ Stan,

Not always! because mine has not any arrows, in fact it has not any symbols at all in the front buttons, because they are all internally unconnected, and only the IR sensor works.

Santiago

• 05-12-2007 2:26 AM In reply to

Santiago:

@ Stan,

Not always! because mine has not any arrows, in fact it has not any symbols at all in the front buttons, because they are all internally unconnected, and only the IR sensor works.

Really !

:(

That may explain why my tests of my recently acquired IR eye for my Beoport have not worked 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-12-2007 4:46 AM In reply to

Same for me, both of mine has power/timer/volume buttons on the front.
    Maybe these will never work with beoport... :-(

I think I have to buy a new one made for beoport.

/Ola
  • 05-12-2007 9:44 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

There are defintely 2 different models.  The BeoPort IR is/was also used with the BeoSystem2.  I remember this well because the dealer and I went "around and around" with this when I originally bought my PC2.  The dealer claimed there was no IR for the PC2 (showing the the difference in connection between the "standard" IR connector and the PC2 port), and I begged to differ (showing diagrams from the manual and web site).  Finally, a call to the "technical guru" solved the problem: it has the same part number as the BeoSystem2 IR.  

Also, I just looked carefully at them both, and the BeoPort IR actually has no arrows.  It has 2 unlabled buttons.  The standard IR has 4 labled buttons (timer, up, down and play).

Stan
  • 05-13-2007 3:29 AM In reply to

soooooooo Stan, have you ever got the unlabeled buttons to work ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-13-2007 4:26 AM In reply to

elephant:
    soooooooo Stan, have you ever got the unlabeled buttons to work ?

It's impossible, as said before the 4 unlabeled buttons are internally unconnected, mainly because the Beoport IR-input is not capable to receive that kind of data.

Santiago

• 05-13-2007 10:24 AM In reply to

Is it also impossible to get an eye made for BL active/passive to work with beoport?
    I went to three B&O shops yesterday, non of them had the beoport-eye in stock. :(

Does anyone know what the different connections are made for on a BL active/passive-eye? I want to know which connection is 5V, IR and ground.

I found drawing but it misses the descriptions for the connections 

http://www.beotech.co.uk/ml/receivercable.jpg

I also found this but it has seven connections so this does not help. (mine has five or six)

/Ola

• 09-19-2007 6:21 PM In reply to

Interesting diagram. 

On the beotech site there is a wiring diagram for a link eye with 5 connections. My question is are the link eyes with 5 connections the same? As the one with the din connector has the yellow wire in pin 1 and or the 3.5mm jack its in terminal 4?

I want to connect my link eye that has a din connector to my beoport so need to cut off the din connector and change it for a jack connector hence the question.

Regards

Moorsight 

Filed under:
  • 09-20-2007 1:53 AM In reply to

Moorsight:

I want to connect my link eye that has a din connector to my beoport so need to cut off the din connector and change it for a jack connector hence the question.

Hello  Moorsight and welcome to the forum,

If you have follow this post from the beginning, you'll know that /Ola has already tried that without success with 2 different models...apparently the IR eye for beoport is internally different from the active/passive boxes, and your try surely not work as Ola wrote in the reply #6.

Santiago

• 09-20-2007 8:12 AM In reply to

Blackbeard,

ok thanks for that.

Although the internals maybe different there will still be 5v, gnd and signal available. I also want to use this for my PC2.

Its just a question of finding the correct terminals.

The basic question I had was  was that in the two B&O diagrams they had used differnet colours from the cable(s) in the same connecter, white in pin 4 for the din and yellow in pin 4 for the jack. This breaks with standard convention but maybe it does not matter.

Filed under:
  • 09-20-2007 9:08 AM In reply to

Ok, do a try, maybe you'll have better chance than Ola, Elephant, and the others.

Santiago

• 03-04-2009 9:44 PM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

I made it work with BeoLink PC2 and a BEO4 remote control. The switches on the IR Eye do nothing.

It is an IR Eye with 5 terminals on the back and a TIMER/UP/DOWN/PLAY switches on the front.

Pins from top to bottom:

1- +5 Volts

3- IR Data

5-Ground

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)