in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-19-2008 11:00 AM by Quim43. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2008 9:31 AM

Does sw 4.2 for BV7/BS3 arrived yet????

Does anybody know?

/Martin

Beolab 5 with sw 3.0,  BV7-55 3D without Bluray(MK II), Beolab 7-4, Beolab 4000 MKII, Beolab 3500, Beovox CX100, Beosound 9000 mkIII, Cabinett 2054, Beo4 MKII, Oppo BDP-93 Blurayplayer (B&O-version)

• 06-17-2008 10:15 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Does sw 4.2 for BV7/BS3 arrived yet????

Martin, you confuse me. You ask this question every few weeks and, every time, I always say that Beolab, The Stig or one of the others - all who are waiting for the update - will tell us! No need to keep asking.

If you need to keep asking, just find the previous discussion and add a point to this, rather than another new thread on the subject ;)

No. It's not out!

• 06-17-2008 10:47 AM In reply to

I think that perhaps a new CNN network is in order. Some international channel that can devote itself fully to this upcoming software update and keep 3 simultaneous scrolling tickers (each at a different speed, of course) updating the viewer on whether or not the software update has been released. Meanwhile anchors and pundits can discuss the forthcoming software update in a variety of socio-economic and political contexts. In-field reporters can report back with human interest stories from BeoSystem 3s all over the globe that have or have not received the update and show, through pictures, the impact on the citizenry regarding the update or lack-there-of. Viewers can also be polled as to when they expect the software update to be released by texting their votes to CNN-BEOUPDATE (normal texting rates apply) and the results can be read on air and then discussed amongst a panel comprised of learned men and women of various academic and political backgrounds.

This network would be a great opportunity to explore the angles to the software update story that get short shrift in the mainstream media, such as the health risks to those whose BeoSystem 3s have not been fully software updated. "Do software updates cure the gout?" could be debated among leading medical authorities while human interest stories focusing on software updates as a means to a moister pie crust would add a whimsical element to the 24 hour coverage. 

Essentially we could explore how software version 4.2 for the BeoSystem 3 could be the premier issue facing mankind today, with implications reaching far beyond support for deep color and 24fps into world poverty, environmental crises, political unrest, and the rise of Asia as a world power (will their be enough of this precious software resource to supply the growing demand from emerging economies?)

Frankly this is a topic that needs further (and more anxious) coverage and shame on you Moxxey for even insinuating that round the clock discussion of this topic is anything but vital to the very existence of human kind. Maybe you have some soul searching to do.  

As for you, Martin, I'm proud that someone has the courage to ask this question and I hope that the next time you do (which I pray is soon) that you place no less than 10 question marks behind it. IT'S THAT IMPORTANT!!! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-17-2008 1:25 PM In reply to

Ok, yeah but as moxxey said, use the existing thread insteadWink
  • 06-19-2008 11:00 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

I have heard new SW 4.24 for BV7/BS3 supports 24 fps. Party!!!

Quim

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)