in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-22-2008 6:06 PM by massimassi1. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2008 4:50 PM

waiting new products

My home should be ready at the end of september 2008, and I will wait until the first week of september to order all my BO products, hoping new software or products in the next 2-3 months

I should buy

n.1 Beovision 4-65 hoping for new more contrast panasonic panels

n.1 Beosystem 3 hoping with full compatible bluray

n.1 Beomedia 2 hoping in Beomedia 3 or in Beosound 5

n.4 Beolab 3

n.1 Beolab 2

n.1 Beolab 7.2

n.1 DVD 2 hoping for a new version DVD 3 with bluray

n.2 Beolab 3500

n.1 Beovision 8-32

n.1 Beocenter 2 hoping for a new version

What do you think about the possibility that I could buy new products within september

max

Filed under:
  • 06-16-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: waiting new products

BeoMedia 2 won't happen, let alone BeoMedia 3.

Why do you want a new version of the BeoCenter 2? They're fantastic as-is.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-16-2008 5:45 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

Why do you want a new version of the BeoCenter 2? They're fantastic as-is.

I guess he is waiting for a BC2 upgrade that plays BlueRayDiscs. Me too, I hope it will happen as I plan to buy a BC2 this year. But I am not to optimistic concerning it...  

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-16-2008 5:59 PM In reply to

With September in mind,

1. BeoVision 4-65 higher contrast panels: Already happened. D10 ACM versions are on the market. No further updates in this time frame.

2. BeoSystem 3 w/ Blu-Ray compatibility: Yes, this is reasonable. If, for some reason it has not happened yet, though, it is software and will be retro-compatible.  

3. BeoMedia Update: Not likely by September. BeoSound 5 & BeoMaster 5 are the update to this. Their launch date will almost certainly be after Christmas. 

4. DVD 2 / 3 Blu-Ray player: Not in this timeframe. While anything is possible, expect to see Blu-Ray integrated into BeoVision 7s & BeoCenter 2s, not in a standalone player.

That, I believe, addresses all the issues you have with the items you plan on purchasing. If I were you I'd hold off on a BeoMedia or BeoCenter 2, but everything else should be a go. Waiting for another BeoVision 4 is senseless as we'll always be a generation behind Panasonic, and it really and truly does not matter in terms of the picture quality we'll deliver. If you cannot get past this disparity, buy a Panasonic plasma.

Hope this helps! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-16-2008 6:02 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

all these items will be available 2030!!!!!Lightning
  • 06-16-2008 6:45 PM In reply to

Trip,

I'm curious about your prediction for a blu-ray Beocenter 2. Have you heard of this from reliable sources? As I already have a BC2, I was looking forward to a stand-alone B&O blu-ray player.

Also, what are your thoughts about B&O adding HDMI 1.3 and 24 fps with the Beosystem 3 in the future? This has been a reason for me to hold off on buying a Beosystem 3 until B&O brings it more up-to-date with the market standards. 

• 06-16-2008 9:02 PM In reply to

The BC2 with Blueray I consider very unlikely. Not that i do not acknowledge your status Trip, but they would have to HDMI enable it which means new drive and also a complete new base unit. 

Since it's a few years in the market I would think rather then revamping as is they will put their money towards something new. 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-16-2008 9:05 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

BeoJeff,

Those changes, when made, will in all likelyhood be software updateable for existing BS-3's already in the field, so I'm not sure that its worth waiting for, since you risk waiting long enough to enjoy the next price increase.

Devil

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 06-16-2008 9:13 PM In reply to

BC2 Blu-Ray: Very reliable. I would put its likelihood at 75% or better. Updating the portions of the Master Unit & Socket Panel necessary for the transition would be significantly less expensive than designing a new system, setting up manufacturing, assembly, logistics, etc. The "form factor" of a system is not just the shape, but the entire build process surrounding it. Additionally, Bang & Olufsen will not be designing a new form factor to handle physical media. A transition to a Blu-Ray drive will allow the BeoCenter 2 to finish out the era of optical discs with grace and give it up to a decade of vitality in the market-place. 

As for the BeoSystem 3 update to HDMI 1.3, 24fps, this has been delayed a few times, but is coming to market very soon. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-17-2008 12:08 AM In reply to

Indeed, a blu-ray BC2 would be ideal; however, since I already have a BC2 such a purchase would not be an option for me. I rather like the new form of the brushed aluminum, stackable components such as the DVD2.

Trip, would you expect the forthcoming Beomaster 5 to be similar in form to the DVD2 as a brushed aluminum, stackable component? 

Since HDMI 1.3 is more than just a software upgrade, I'm just not prepared to invest in a Beosystem 3 until B&O gets it correct out of the box. Paying $500 for a service tech to come out and update the software would negate any forthcoming price increase. 

• 06-17-2008 2:48 AM In reply to

I heard that bluray could be retro fitted in some BV7 (at least the most recent BV7-40).

So maybe they are also working on un upgrade for existing BC2.

p. 

• 06-17-2008 2:49 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

If only one of the above components was updated, I'd opt for a Blu-ray based BC2. Despite Alex saying it doesn't need updated, upscaling SD is NO WAY near as good as watching a Blu-ray DVD, particularly with the uncompressed audio. Yes, the BV7-40 and others do a good job upscaling, but the colours are not as deep, not as sharp etc etc.

The BC2 is now just over £2900. That's an immensely expensive DVD player. Although well designed, it's a very difficult purchase - I couldn't walk out of a B&O store after paying that price, a) knowing it's a based upscaling SD player and b) that it's likely to be upgraded sooner rather than later.

BTW, you should not be paying $500 for an engineer to update your software. It doesn't take that long. I'm still waiting for the BS3 24fps software update and, whilst the BS3 is receiving minor updates in the meantime, as soon as it receives 24fps support, I'll ask my dealer to update. Without this update, I'm still getting white flashes when using the Playstation 3.

• 06-17-2008 7:34 AM In reply to

BeoJeff,

HDMI 1.3 is actually a firmware update. It would not require a physical change. The mini connectors (which I assume you're thinking of) are only an option and will likely be used more for video cameras than on AV receivers. I understand your desire to wait, but the 1.3 upgrade should not present an issue.

As for the BeoMaster 5, it will not look like a DVD 2.  

• 06-17-2008 9:34 AM In reply to

Trip,

It sounds like there is a desire for a Blu-Ray Beocenter 2 which includes me. 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 06-17-2008 10:09 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

blu-ray bc2 will be a step in the right direction provided it is out soon/next year not 2030!!!!!!!!!!Party!!!

• 06-17-2008 10:09 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

More like the Beomedia1 then? 

If it is the case, it would fit in the BV9 slot at the back. They should sell the "DVD2" shell to place around it, for when you do not want to hide it.

Or is it not the case? Is it designed as something to be hidden or to be shown? 

p. 

• 06-17-2008 6:22 PM In reply to

It's a shame if the Beomaster 5 will not follow the BS3/HDR2/DVD2 trend of stackable components with a cohesive brushed aluminum style. I rather like the concept of being able to build your B&O system by adding these components and not needing to hide them in a cabinet. Also, the look is very much in keeping with the design philosophies of B&O: beautiful materials, clean facades without superfluous detail, and AV pieces that can stand out proudly in a room and not need to be hidden. Also, with the current decline in luxury spending in the market, it's more attractive to be able to continue to build the system as finances permit. I keep thinking of the hideous black boxes such as the Beosystem 1 (sans cabinet) and the Beomedia 1 that absolutely require being hidden away. Even the design of the DVD1 was ... unfortunate.
  • 06-18-2008 9:10 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:
    TripEnglish:

More like the Beomedia1 then? 

p. 

I sincerely hope not!! Yikes that would be utterly disappointingly and un B&O like. Lets all go to a HI-FI shop... yeah, no.

Any components like DVD2 and BS3 should be out of sight. Less is more. look at all of the images B&O create (eg. BC2 on floorstand and BV9, Beolabs, nothing else, very zen)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-18-2008 12:17 PM In reply to

I think there was a hint the Beomaster 5 would be more like the Beocenter 2 socket unit or at least one can hope.  Who said a media server had to be a big square box?

• 06-18-2008 1:16 PM In reply to

Alas, that's the beauty of the new BS3/DVD2/HDR2 look. Unlike typical AV boxes, the components have no visible buttons or displays and when stacked together naturally resemble a cabinet and a lovely piece of furniture by themselves. The key should not be to need to "hide away" B&O products, but rather the goal should be to create a unified, harmonious look.
  • 06-18-2008 2:21 PM In reply to

You do have a point.  The stacking of these components could really be a unified design.  However I still would need a cabinet for a cable box, Apple TV and whatever else comes along.

• 06-18-2008 2:23 PM In reply to

linder:
    You do have a point.  The stacking of these components could really be a unified design.  However I still would need a cabinet for a cable box, Apple TV and whatever else comes along.

I have ordered from B&O, as a spare part, the shell of a HDR2... and my ugly set top box is underneath ;-)

p. 

• 06-18-2008 5:23 PM In reply to

That's really a brilliant idea! What was the cost? Please report back about how it works when you get the part. :-)
  • 06-19-2008 6:01 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

A BC2 with Blue Ray would be my top item on the wishlist! Having the current pricing in mind a upgrade to Blue <ray with <hdmi support would justify such an investment!

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 06-19-2008 8:34 AM In reply to

beojeff:
    That's really a brilliant idea! What was the cost? Please report back about how it works when you get the part. :-)

I have them already. See my old thread on this subject. Pictures not online any longer.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/44425.aspx 

P. 

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >