in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-17-2008 12:49 PM by 11048437. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2008 6:27 PM

Looking for a beovox cona subwoofer

Hi,

I'm looking for a beovox cona (white or black) My location is Montreal, Canada.

Anybody out there have one for sale ? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

• 04-11-2008 11:04 AM In reply to

Re: Looking for a beovox cona subwoofer

I was too until I heard one.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-14-2008 2:18 PM In reply to

I need one to do a little makeover on.

I have a 250w icepower unit to put in, change the driver and crossover and going to add a powerlink.

I've done one of these before and they sound a lot better, as the originals are way underpowered

Regards

• 04-15-2008 4:59 PM In reply to

Montreal man,

I know someone in Montreal that have 1 or 2 Cona subwoofer. I'll ask him tomorrow if he wants to sell one of them!

Constantine

all sold!

• 04-15-2008 6:07 PM In reply to

Constantine,

Thanks, that would be great !!  Are your from Montreal?

• 04-16-2008 6:48 AM In reply to

Yep,

I'm from Montreal...

I'll give you later today some news!

Constantine

all sold!

• 04-16-2008 11:26 AM In reply to

Wow! That sounds very interesting. Is this something you've done before or is it an experiment?

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-16-2008 2:14 PM In reply to

I have enhanced al least 10 pairs of speakers by now.

Though I only 'beolab-ed' about 3 pairs of speakers. The first ones I did was a pair of RL 60.2 for a friend of mine as he wasn't really satisfied anymore with the sound of them. (after 20 years you can expect some degration both in the crossover and the drivers....).

I like to inprove on existing things. As I see it, if something is no longer satisfying then it's either change it or improve it. Technology evolves and improves all the time, so why not take advantage of the improved pieces that are available? I don't find it degrading to the product (I know many will dissagree...). Don't forget even B&O does a mk1, mk2, mk3 etc .....

So I installed all new drivers with specs close to the existing. We tried several bass drivers as these seem to be hard to match in these speakers. Finally we settled for a good pair of boston accoustics (stripped from other speakers). Even with the same crossovers it sounded already better. After updating the crossovers ( a modified boston acoustics one)  it really improved even more and sounded alot more alive with better nuances and enough detail.

After that (we kind of went crazy .....or was the beer?........) we build in an (actually really cheap.I think it was $20) 100 WATTS amp board (cutout in the back of the speaker for the cooling ribs). powerlink plug and auto-on switch with a led (so it switches on when his beocenter switches on). To further refine the sound we even build a small quick-fix equilizer board into it to boost the speakers somewhat. The sound now is really quite good. As we did one speaker and left the other untouched till the end, we could compare them easily...

As we did more of these amplified speakers, we got a bit better at it. Also the use of better materials does help. (The last ones I did have an actual  pair of icepower amps) etc. The cona is to become one of these projects.

Thank you for your interest.

• 04-17-2008 12:49 PM In reply to

Montrealman,

Appele-moi au 4506717655...

Constantin

all sold!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)