in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-07-2008 6:25 AM by Graham1982. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2008 4:15 PM

• monty
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-05-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Avant 32" VCR - UK voltage to Canadian/USA?

Hello,

I just picked up a used Avant to complement my Beosound. My Beosound is North American spec, but the Avant has the UK plug.

What adapter/voltage converter do I need so I can use the TV safely without blowing up my house? lol. I've attached a photo of the plug in question.

plug

Filed under:
  • 04-07-2008 6:25 AM In reply to

Re: Avant 32" VCR - UK voltage to Canadian/USA?

Hi:

I take it you live in the US or Canada and not the UK?

If I am right you need to buy a step up convertor. The type you will need is dependent on the Wattage of the TV. To check this out you need to look at the lable on the back of the Avant. Once you have this information you need to go to Tandy/Radio Shack and buy a step up transformer (with a socket for a UK plug like the one pictured).

I would always buy one that is slightly more powerful than what you need rather than just within the limits as the de-guass coil in the Avant will possibly make the fuse blow on something that is barely capable of handling the power. Also buy a few spare fuses when you buy the transformer.

There is a company in the UK that sells them. However they are heavy and the cost of shipping will be prohibitive I think:

http://www.newmarket-transformers.co.uk/step-up-transformers.asp

Another US company I have heard mentioned in a forum that will sell them is Newey and Eyres.

Hope this helps.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)