in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-26-2008 12:28 PM by Friedmett. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2008 2:52 AM

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Victoria, British Columbia
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

Which is the BEST B&O Cassette recorder?

If money was not a consideration, which is the best Bang & Olufsen cassette tape recorder ever made?

It is a little late to be asking this question, as I now own two B&O cassette recorders. However, during my daily search through the offerings on eBay I see one model after another advertised as the “best,” the “zenith of production,” etc.

I would love to encourage a real debate on this subject. … and look forward to your answers.

Jeff

• 03-26-2008 6:11 AM In reply to

Re: Which is the BEST B&O Cassette recorder?

• 03-26-2008 11:49 AM In reply to

Tricky question! The 9000 is the most electronically advanced and will allow a relatively flat response in recording up to 22kHz with the right tape. However as tapes are pretty standard these days (if you can find them!) the 8004 is probably just as good and probably has better heads.

The stacking 5000 is very well thought of as it allows great flexibility in setting it up (but you need to open it up to do this!) and can produce superb recordings.

My favourite is the old 5000 though as it is all B&O design, twin capstan drive and has some features not seen in other decks - the fade in/out control for instance.

If on a desert island, I would have the 9000 as it has more buttons to play with!! Laughing 

• 03-26-2008 12:28 PM In reply to

My vote still goes for the 9000.

I'm biased as I had mine for 5 years now but it has the most technical options and I play all kinds of tapes mostly good ones but it always the best sound it can do. A well recorded tape can sound as good as the radio or record.

I also have 6000, 8000 and 1900. At present needs to go to Dillen for minor work but they also have good strong build wit just as good sound but less options.

Back when I had the 2000 system(80s) that Beocord was just as strong as the 9000. Recorded and played nearly the same.

The only drawback is that belts needs to be changed but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)