in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-13-2009 10:28 AM by Dave. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2008 8:12 AM

• dak
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-05-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

ipod to beovision 3

Is it possible to connect an ipod direct to the beovision 3 and if so what cable/lead do I need?
    Filed under: , ,
  • 02-05-2008 8:40 AM In reply to

• dp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-28-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Re: ipod to beovision 3

yep - but what output do you want - just sound or both sound and video?

I've got my iPhone connected to the camcorder input of my BV3 - all you need is a 3.5mm (headphone jack) to stereo phono (red & white). Connected the jack into the charging base of the i-pod via the line out or directly into the headphone bit of your iPod (need an extender widget for an iPhone).

Add camcord to your Beo 4 and bob's your uncle!

Make sure the iPod equaliser is off as the sound from the TV will emphaise any distorted bass coming from your iPod.

Interestingly the Serenata sounds much better connected this way than my iPhone or any iPod I've tried...

If you want video then I believe you can do the same as above but connect the yellow (video phono) as well.

(sorry for spelling - I'm rushing!)

• 02-06-2008 5:58 AM In reply to

Hi dak,

I've just seen a cable on eBay that will let you connect your iPod to most B&O products, for less than UK£5 - here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPod-MP3-Player-to-Bang-and-Olufsen-B-O-HiFi-Cable_W0QQitemZ110221970831QQihZ001QQcategoryZ86805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 04-11-2008 3:14 AM In reply to

Bemærk:
    En B&O AUX bøsning er 7 polet,
    og denne adapter er 5 polet, men
    der er ikke noget problem idet.
    Mvh. Peter Pan
  • 04-11-2008 3:48 AM In reply to

dak:
    Is it possible to connect an ipod direct to the beovision 3 and if so what cable/lead do I need?

If you buy a serenata, get rid of the I apple and everything will look better as well as sounds better......................Big Smile

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 04-11-2008 4:00 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

dp:

yep - but what output do you want - just sound or both sound and video?

I've got my iPhone connected to the camcorder input of my BV3 - all you need is a 3.5mm (headphone jack) to stereo phono (red & white). Connected the jack into the charging base of the i-pod via the line out or directly into the headphone bit of your iPod (need an extender widget for an iPhone).

Add camcord to your Beo 4 and bob's your uncle!

Make sure the iPod equaliser is off as the sound from the TV will emphaise any distorted bass coming from your iPod.

Interestingly the Serenata sounds much better connected this way than my iPhone or any iPod I've tried...

If you want video then I believe you can do the same as above but connect the yellow (video phono) as well.

There are no phono type sockets (red/white or yellow) at the rear of my Beovision 3 , does this mean therefore that my dealer would need to add them or should they have been there originally? 

• 04-11-2008 4:59 AM In reply to

• GANGO
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • italy
    • Posts 48
    • Bronze Member

hi!

the sockets for the camcorder aren't at the the rear of your bv3 but at the front , exactly at the left angle under the frame, you have to go on your knees to find them...

gango

• 04-11-2008 5:03 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Please note that the DIN plugs shown above will not work!

Around the rim, on the lower left hand side under the screen in between the grille and the bodywork of your BeoVision 3, there are 3 coloured RCA sockets which look vaguely similar to this:

The white and red ones are for audio, white being LEFT audio, and red being RIGHT audio. The yellow is for video if you want to connect your iPod via video to the BeoVision as well.

You'll need one of these cables for audio:

This connects to the headphones output of your iPod, and the left/right inputs of the BeoVision.

To activate these inputs, press the LIST button on your remote control until you see 'CAMCORD' or 'CAMERA' on the screen and press go. Obviously, be wary that the output from some iPods is very very high, so I'd start with the volume down low.

Hope this helps! If you don't have either of those options on your remote control, post back in here and we'll show you how to add it...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-11-2008 9:12 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Well fancy that!  Thanks Alex, I didn't know the were there. Thank goodness however that unlike many products they aren't directly at the front and spoil the appearance. I suppose their position on the Beovision 3 allows the cable to be taken if required to the rear and thereby hidden from view. Would have preferred them at the rear though!

Thanks again. 

• 04-11-2008 9:13 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Thanks also to Gango!
  • 04-13-2009 8:15 AM In reply to

Hi Alex

my remote does not show the camcord or camera on the screen... så I would really like to see how to add it :o)

Hope you can help me

• 04-13-2009 10:28 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Press and hold the power off button while also pressing list - then you can select add and find the camcord option and select that.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)