in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2008 12:34 PM by Pete. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2008 3:55 PM

• Tim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Germany
    • Posts 114
    • Bronze Member

BEO5 Configuration Tool - User name and Password required?

I got the software from my dealer, but it needs a User Name and Password from the "retail System". That sounds very dealer-specific.

Is it possible to use the software without it? (I already tried, but it did not seem to work)

Or is there an other way to get the user name and the password?

Is there a different version of the software for dealers? 

• 01-08-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: BEO5 Configuration Tool - User name and Password required?

Just click the Work Offline button - you don't need the user name or password - allegedly! Laughing You will probably need to set the language as well - button at bottom right hand corner.
  • 01-08-2008 5:13 PM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Germany
    • Posts 114
    • Bronze Member

But if I work offline - how do I get the code to the BEO 5?

My Problem is - I have to check it in advance, because I always have to go 30km to get my hands on a pc (i use an old mac). 

Just trying something costs quite a lot time. 

• 01-08-2008 6:01 PM In reply to

Offline means you are not attached to the B&O server. The Beo5 simply connects via a USB cable. All the set ups and logos are contained in the software - that is why it is 65Mb. Simply attach the Beo5 to the computer and the software will recognise it. You can then start building up a set up. I am surprised your dealer didn't give you a little demo as it takes quite a bit of practice. It is not that straightforward at all - especially setting up channels. Did he explain Ciffer codes? The help screens are very useful - use them!

One helpful hint! Have some practices before you attach the Beo5. Just put in a bogus number as a serial number and create a profile. Have a long play and test it in the software! Make sure the buttons do what you want - the program gives you a virtual Beo5 to play with.

I too use a Mac so no programming at home either! PCs can be a bit picky about whether they like the Beo5 or not. The USB controller can be a problem!  

• 01-11-2008 12:34 PM In reply to

• Pete
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-06-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

How do I get hold of the Configuration tool. Has anyone a copy I could play with?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)