in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2008 3:17 PM by Maarten. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2008 3:17 PM

Beogram 1800 5213: Speed changing

Hello all

this is my first post here, and it's a request for help :-)

my grandpa gave me his old Beogram 1800 (this one: http://213.206.141.235/prod_details.asp?pid=276 ) this Christmas.

The problem is that the speed is changing (i think) and so the pitch is also varying, which is quite annoying.

So the speed seems to be good for a while, then it goes slower for a short time and then it gets right again. This happens quite regularly, and more often when it gets to the center of the record.

There's this knob with "+" and "-", i suppose it's for adjusting the speed. But My grandpa didn't give me the manual, so i'm not sure how many times i can turn  knob around :) . Also, it does change the speed, but very irregularly. And it seems to be quite sensitive now and then. Does this work mechanically or electrically?

I'd like to fix this myself. I have some experience in electronics, but this is the first time i'm trying to fix a record player.

Or perhaps it's something that's just worn out, because i suppose it's quite old, and i don't think my grandpa ever replaced any parts.

Any help is much appreciated.

Maarten 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)