in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-12-2007 9:06 AM by beodude. 54 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2007 11:49 AM In reply to

Re: Serene...is it worth £800???

Richard,

Take a look at the Samsung U600 in the meantime, it's a little plasticy but still quite cuul.

• 04-28-2007 5:10 PM In reply to

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Well i bought a Serene...brought it home...wife went mad...so i took it back to the dealer again for a full refund as i hadn't opened the box yet! I didn't even tell her the real price!!!

Anyway...i went looking at other mobiles...and the only two that i liked of the lot were the Samsung U600 and the Sony Ericson K800i which my wife already has. I picked up the May edition Carphone Warehouse mag and there is an upgraded version of the U600  coming out in July called the E840 with a 5 Megapixel camera instead of 3.2 and probably a few other bits. There is also a new Sony Ericson K810i coming out now which looks pretty much the same as my wifes' but with alloy buttons instead of plastic.

Truth is...i am not really that keen on any of them and i am considering going back to my dealer before he sells my mobile! The look and feel of the Serene is just so different to all the others that i looked at today. I know it doesn't do half as much as any of them but it oozes quality compared to any of them.

• 04-28-2007 5:17 PM In reply to

My wife just looked to the heavens! However I am now very happy with my £5 a month Blackberry!
  • 04-28-2007 5:27 PM In reply to

joff135:

Well i bought a Serene...brought it home...wife went mad...so i took it back to the dealer again for a full refund as i hadn't opened the box yet! I didn't even tell her the real price!!!

Anyway...i went looking at other mobiles...and the only two that i liked of the lot were the Samsung U600 and the Sony Ericson K800i which my wife already has. I picked up the May edition Carphone Warehouse mag and there is an upgraded version of the U600  coming out in July called the E840 with a 5 Megapixel camera instead of 3.2 and probably a few other bits. There is also a new Sony Ericson K810i coming out now which looks pretty much the same as my wifes' but with alloy buttons instead of plastic.

Truth is...i am not really that keen on any of them and i am considering going back to my dealer before he sells my mobile! The look and feel of the Serene is just so different to all the others that i looked at today. I know it doesn't do half as much as any of them but it oozes quality compared to any of them.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's unfortunate reaction. Maybe just buy a pair of BL3s and cover some of the cost of the Serene within that of the speakers?! Stick out tongue

I've recently really wanted a Serene, but I don't know whether to wait for the Serene 2, find one second hand or just not bother and get a Samsung U600. I'm usually quite prepared with a costly price for any B&O item, but at £850, double that and I've almost got a BV8! That can't make sense can it?

• 04-28-2007 5:44 PM In reply to

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

I already have a pair of Lab 3s...my wife likes them because they get used by us so much. She even likes my Lab 2!

She doesn't think that i use a mobile enough to justify spending so much on one. However...i bet if i was buying it for her that would be a different matter!!!

I will have to take another look at the U600 and find out a bit more about the upgraded version. I don't want another mobile like my wifes' though...she would probably keep picking it up on the way out by mistake!

• 04-28-2007 7:00 PM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

My wife is so jealous about my serene that I'll have to either buy her a new one or give mine to her. It's just perfect for a lady: sexy, appealing, and she will only use it to make and receive calls.

Gustavo

• 04-29-2007 9:49 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

My problem is that my phone takes such a bashing at work, I could never use anything like a Serene. At present I have a Nokia 6230i. Free on 12 months contract. When it finally dies I will just have another free phone from my network provider.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-29-2007 4:00 PM In reply to

Craig:

My problem is that my phone takes such a bashing at work, I could never use anything like a Serene. At present I have a Nokia 6230i. Free on 12 months contract. When it finally dies I will just have another free phone from my network provider.

CraigBig Smile 

I know what you mean, and having to take care of a Serene would be impractical for you and I and probably end up being dropped at somepoint anyway.

• 04-29-2007 4:08 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

NO...............................No phone is worth that, not even the iphone which I like the look of very much,..................... they are phones for goodness sake!

Of course this is just MHOBig Smile 

Cheers Graeme
  • 04-29-2007 4:10 PM In reply to

What's the deal about the iPhone? I've done no research but is the hype all iPod branding related or something impressive?

• 04-29-2007 4:16 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Do a wee bit of research, if it all works as planned it is a very desirable piece of kit, and it looks stunning too, like the prada, but a lot more style and quality
    Cheers Graeme
  • 04-29-2007 4:33 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

check this out Henry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk

Cheers Graeme
  • 04-29-2007 5:47 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

i have an LG Chocolate, and I am not happy at all with it. The main reason for this is the touch-screen. It may look cool, but in dayly use, it is very uncomfortable, especially if you want to dial a number while walkin gor driving car, because the touches are not clearly delimited, you touch the wrong touch all the time. Never ever a touch-screen cell phone for me!!!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-29-2007 6:02 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

more style amnd quality??  mmm do you think the ipod is a quality item??? batteries that last just beyond a year, poor reliablity from the made in china internals???

lets hope its not more hype from apple

• 04-29-2007 6:38 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

tom:
    i have an LG Chocolate, and I am not happy at all with it. The main reason for this is the touch-screen. It may look cool, but in dayly use, it is very uncomfortable, especially if you want to dial a number while walkin gor driving car, because the touches are not clearly delimited, you touch the wrong touch all the time. Never ever a touch-screen cell phone for me!!!
    Driving a car Tom? Tut TutStick out tongue
  • 04-29-2007 6:52 PM In reply to

but, wait a minute... all of you here are either concerned with attention or functionality. if you want attention, you get a patek philippe, if you want functionality, you get a casio. the point is that most of you will get a rolex, which is, really, neither...

so, if you are so grand to spend the money for attention, go get a vertu (it does the trick, believe me). otherwise, get a chubby ericsson to do your job. but don't tell us that serene is a head-turner (unless at the local bingo).
  • 04-30-2007 3:53 AM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

but don't tell us that serene is a head-turner (unless at the local bingo).

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Cheers Graeme
  • 04-30-2007 4:44 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Value is a personal judgement depending on lots of things, obviously your financial situation being one of them. Each person will value things differently depending on their own personal benchmarks and references.

I must say however that I find the Serene particularly awkward looking and quite bulky. I would find it a chore to carry it and use it as an everyday phone.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-04-2007 4:16 PM In reply to

• v800
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

http://www.pianetacellulare.it/Modelli/Samsung/Samsung_P310.php

the above link is a pic of a quite nice style of phone. looks like a wallet and is wrapped in leather. Looks ok and it doesnt have to be other than just squaric looking. simple, wouldnt need the samsung badge though.. it could just say nothing on the front and I could wear one myself :)

anyway I have a serene which I bought for 50% of sales price (used item) and I am happy with it apart from SOMETIMES the lack of functions and SOMETIMES the feeling that the folding function is quite fragile maybe.

• 05-04-2007 5:00 PM In reply to

@ v800: sei Italiano? e dove ai trovato il tuo Serene per 50% del prezo normale?

It looks quite good. I've always been keen with Samsung's design for their cell phones.

• 05-04-2007 5:53 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Well I'm sorry Graeme and Puncher but I disagree with you both Stick out tongue
    Yes, Serene is a head turner. I've never opened it up in front of anyone who's jaw hasn't dropped.
    Also I don't find it at all bulky. It sits in my left front trouser pocket all day with just a clean hanky for company and all evening in the corresponding jeans pocket with similar hanky. Sometimes I forget its there.
    Just my couple of centimes.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-05-2007 4:41 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

tom:
    Never ever a touch-screen cell phone for me!!!

Not even for an iPhone Tom? Wink

Philippe

• 05-05-2007 4:45 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The Serene is unlike anything else! 

I can see it now - absolutely everybody will own one of these iPhones. *cringe*

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-12-2007 5:09 AM In reply to

• v800
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Hi Henry

No sorry I am scandinavian:) 

A pitty I dont know how or if its possible to make this foum´s replies go to my email. I have to log in here every now and then to see if I have any replies... Anyone know how? 

• 05-12-2007 5:23 AM In reply to

v800:

Hi Henry

No sorry I am scandinavian:) 

A pitty I dont know how or if its possible to make this foum´s replies go to my email. I have to log in here every now and then to see if I have any replies... Anyone know how? 

Look in your personal settings under the E-Mail tab.

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >