in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-01-2008 8:38 AM by Peter. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2007 5:32 AM

Is it possible to have 2 BM7000 in the same link system as master & slave

Hi,

I have got two Beomaster 7000's with one CD7000, one feeds the kitchen & patio and the other will feed the bedroom, is it possible to have both in the same link system so that I can access the CD in any location, also I am going to purchase a Beoport to connect to my mac mini so will it also be possible to access N music/N radio from either location. I also asked in an earlier post as to the availability of a remote IR sensor for the BM7000's as they will be placed centrally & not in the rooms they are serving or is it possible to adapt the current IR sensor for use with the BM7000's.

Many questions I know

Regards Simon 

Ps Forgot to add that I have a Beosystem 2 & a Avant also in the system although not currently connected together via Beolink but will be. 

• 12-28-2007 5:42 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Is it possible to have 2 BM7000 in the same link system as master & slave

You could try putting the link room 7000 in option 4 (on a BeoLink 1000, SOUND, 4, STORE whilst in standby) but I'm not sure if this would work. I'm not sure how MCL would behave in this situation, but you may be able to do it with MCL > ML converters.

Really, the 7000 wasn't designed as a link room product, the BeoLink Passive seems more what you're looking for although of course it's amplifier isn't as good as the 7000's.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-28-2007 5:54 AM In reply to

Hi Alex,

Would I need two MCL/ML converters one for each of the BM7000's or could I do it with a Audio Aux splitters, this would enable access to Video sources etc but what about the CD would this also be accessible or would need split the CD output as well.

• 12-28-2007 7:33 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

To be honest I'm not sure, I've just made suggestions as I've never had a chance to play with two at the same time, but I'm sure someone such as Peter would be able to help. Sad Sorry.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-28-2007 10:48 AM In reply to

You are making this very complicated! Why not just have the one BM7000 and use a MCL link system? You can have 6 rooms this way and all come with transceivers so you can control the system using remotes. The BM7000 won't work with a Beoport but you don't need one anyway. I would suggest attaching the output of the Mac Mini directly to the Aux of the 7000 and then use an iTouch as a wireless remote for iTunes. Cheaper and better than any other method.

• 12-28-2007 1:25 PM In reply to

Hi Peter, 

the reason for wanting to use both of the Bm7000's is that I have them so I thought it would be a good idea to use them both as they have speaker outputs & it also means that I have independent volume control & source selection ( or at least locally).  

Referring to the IR sensor does anybody know of it as which ever way I go I will have to put the BM7000's in a cabinet,

With regards to the Beoport what sort of feedback & control do you get, also if the mac mini is connected to my Beosystem 2 for the front row aspect and I use a usb sound card connected to the mac connected to another input on the BS2 will I be able to stream say the iTunes over the Beolink while the mac is playing movies or something  on the BS2

Simon 

• 12-30-2007 1:15 PM In reply to

Hi

Have found this on the B&O website but cannot get any other details

System Cabinet ST7000/70H 

Does anyone else know about this

Simon 

• 01-01-2008 6:53 AM In reply to

Re: Line in/ line out

Does any one know why the line in/line out on the BM7000 is covered by a plastic Din plug & is it usable & if so how do you access it on the Beo4 or Beolink 7000

Simon 

• 01-01-2008 7:39 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

it's not a normal audio connection like the other DIN sockets on the BM7000. It's so you can use a graphic EQ with the BM, kinda like a 'preamp' loop out.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-01-2008 8:38 AM In reply to

If you take the plug out, you disconnect the power amplifier. The BM5500 does the same but with RCA plugs and two metal U connectors.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)