in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-29-2007 6:26 AM by solderon29. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2007 5:13 AM

• peterb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Sydney
    • Posts 20
    • Gold Member

adjusting beovision LX screen geometry

i've just purchased a BV-LX-2502 and its a great machine, still looking good after nearly 20 years

But after the move the screen has a grey line at the top of the screen which i assume is a problem with screen geometry. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the screen geometry to solve this.

thanks

peter

• 12-28-2007 8:46 AM In reply to

Re: adjusting beovision LX screen geometry

Clean the glass inside, it's probably dust Big Smile
  • 12-28-2007 10:44 AM In reply to

Peter,

When you say you now have a grey line at the top of the screen, the following questions come to mind:-

1. Prior to the move of the TV did this grey line exist ?
    2. When  you say "Grey line" are you talking about a line like a raster line or is it wider ?
    3. Is this line at an angle say 10 degrees ?

Depending on your answers it is likely that the scanning coils have moved on the neck of the tube during your move which is not that uncommon. It only has to move a few mm to have an effect on the picture.

Regards Keith....

• 12-28-2007 2:41 PM In reply to

• peterb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Sydney
    • Posts 20
    • Gold Member

the line is about 4mm wide and it might be at a very very slight angle its a bit hard to say. It wasn't there when i first turned the screen on at home but then on the third time i turned it on the line appeared

• 12-29-2007 6:26 AM In reply to

There are several presets to adjust the picture geometry,but they become intermittant with age,and cause these sort of problems.It would be best to get them replaced by a competant Engineer,who can then set up the geometry accordingly for you.Don't explore inside yourself,it can be lethal in there,for the inexperienced!!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)