in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2007 4:39 PM by Keith Saunders. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-27-2007 7:19 AM

Confused [*-)] Beo 5 - USB issue

Is there an issue with the Beo 5 software at present. I bought one in November which my dealer configured. Took it back about 2 weeks ago to have certain issues sorted. They have updated the macros etc. on the software but it now seems unable to recognise the Beo 5 when linked via USB to their computer.

They claim that this is a general problem and that updated software will come from B&O early January.

Until then I am back to use my Beo4.

Just wondered if anybody else has come across this issue ?

Filed under:
  • 12-27-2007 12:06 PM In reply to

Re: Beo 5 - USB issue

There are several issues related to the USB connection and its driver for the Beo5.

Having said that, if your Beo5 has previously downloaded on your dealers PC, then just switch the Beo5 off and on again by pressing and holding the centre button which effectively reboots the Beo5, then your dealers software will see it again when he mounts it on the charger/stand.

Regards Keith....

• 12-27-2007 4:27 PM In reply to

Seems logical to me. I noted that since the beo 5 had been programmed initially on the dealer's computer why was their an issue now with the update ? In theory it is meant to be an issue with the updated version of the software on their computer !

Hopefully it gets resolved in the near future.

• 12-27-2007 4:39 PM In reply to

The problems are mainly with the software running on your dealers PC, the action of rebooting your Beo5 puts it into a different state meaning the Configuration Tool then sees it and all is then in order.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)