in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2007 12:34 PM by BeoET. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-27-2007 6:53 AM

• BeoET
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-14-2007
    • Scandinavia
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Beo5 for Xmas - and now...

.. I'm programming it to fits our needs Smile. The main purpose for the Beo5 in our house is to have a more user friendly way of controlling the DVD Controller (in our case for a Sony RDR-HX1010). My wife and the kids haven’t learnt the cryptic (poor usability!)  “Go+0”, “Go+Red”, “Go + ">” Beo4 combinations needed to control the DVD/HDD drive.

Currently I've set it up with a number of DVD/HDD buttons; Menu, Use DVD, Use HDD, Prev/Next ("Play"+"StepUp") etc etc, but currently I cannot find out how to do the following properly:

1) Set the Format to 4:3 (Format + 1 + left arrow) (I need this when watching old Hi8/DV-home videos on the Sony HDD..)
    2) Set the Format back to 16:9 (Format + 1)
    3) Select a menu item on the DVD - "System menu"+ "Go"+ "Go"

For 1) the current macro is as follows:

0:000:TV:PICTURE_FORMAT
    0:000:TV:CIFFER_1
    0:000:TV:REWIND

(The 2) have a similar macro - only without the last line).

These commands works fine, but the problem is that AFTER these commands have been run, the "Format" is active, and hence the DVD-macros don't workHuh?. I've tried to add the following line:

0:000:TV:CDV

but then the DVD/HDD turn itself off?!?! The DVD/HDD now turns itself off if I use the DVD-command on the Beo4, but it has never done that before?!? The normal Standby-command for the DVD/HDD is: "Go"+"Stop"...

Any ideas? How can one finalize the "Format" command so that the next command works in DVD-mode?

For the last problem - the "How to select a menu item in a menu on the Sony DVD/HDD", I have made the following macro (corresponding to the Beo4 commands "Orange" - wait for the on-screen-menu ot appear, then "Go"+"Go"):

0:000:TV:CNT_WIND
    Delay: 450ms
    0:000:TV:PLAY
    Delay: 50ms

I've tried quite a number of combinations of delays, with and without Continuous set, without any luck...Unsure The System menu command on the DVD/HDD unit gets displayed, but the two "Go" commands are not being recognized.

Any ideas about this one?

• 12-27-2007 7:15 AM In reply to

• BeoET
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-14-2007
    • Scandinavia
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beo5 for Xmas - and now...

I found a solution to the 1) + 2) problems above, added just these two lines at the bottom of the maco:

0:000:TV:CDV

Then the DVD/HDD does NOT turn itself off, and it is left in DVD-mode Smile

The last challenge - #3 above - I've not yet solved... Any ideas?

BTW: What is the best way to turn on the TV/DVD with only the centre speaker (BV5) on? I've currently added these lines to the "TV" and the "DVD" buttons:

0:000:TV:TV
    0:000:TV:SOUND
    0:000:TV:CIFFER_1
    0:000:TV:TV

(and similar for the DVD). When the children watch Cartoon network or similar, I find it better to only use the BV5 speakers. I've added two buttons "TV sound" (Speaker-1) and "Movie sound" (Speaker-3) that can be reached from the TV-station page...Is there a better way to "force" the speaker-1 setting when turning on the TV?

• 12-28-2007 12:34 PM In reply to

• BeoET
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-14-2007
    • Scandinavia
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beo5 for Xmas - and now...

Anyone - is it possible to have ONE macro that sends two subsequent Beo4-commands:

1) sends a launch command for the menu on the DVD/HDD unit
    2) wait for a while
    3) sends two Go-commands (0:000:TV:PLAY) to select the default menu item on the menu?

This code does not work - it only displays the menu, and does not select (Go+Go) the default menu item:
    0:000:TV:CNT_WIND
    Delay: 50ms

What is wrong here?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)