in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-06-2009 4:00 AM by Robert. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-26-2007 6:07 AM

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Serenata- some questions

Got a serenata yesterday, very nice piece of kit. However there are a few questions i've got now:

1. Any ideas how i can get album artwork onto it using a mac? I have my album artwork in itunes.

2. What is the optimum resolution for video playback? I'll be using handbrake for ripping.

Robert. 

• 12-26-2007 6:43 AM In reply to

Re: Serenata- some questions

I did try this! You can hack into the Serenata when it is connected to the Mac. I did find where the artwork was but didn't have the phone long enough (and it was only lent to me!) to work it out! The files need to be connected to the music files and this was where I ran out of courage! The Mac (on the one I had) saw the device as a hard drive.
  • 12-26-2007 7:04 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

My Serenata is shown as a hard drive too Peter. I can see a folder for artwork, but like you am unsure as to what i have to do. Maybe a plug-in for itunes will be released which would make getting the artwork on as simple as it is with an ipod! Getting music on is fine, just a simple drag and drop. When you had the Serenata on loan Peter, did you set it up for use with email? I use a .Mac email address and can't seem to get it to work.

Robert.

• 12-26-2007 7:16 AM In reply to

There is a promised Mac plug in - not seen it yet! No, I couldn't get it to work with email either but didn't try that hard. It did however work immediately with the Bluetooth in my Prius! Only phone that has ever done this!
  • 12-26-2007 8:45 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Had another go at getting email set up there, but to no avail. Bluetooth worked straight away, much like it did for you Peter. 

Looking through the contents of the box, the line output for the dock is to 2 RCA, however I would be connecting it to the AUX of my BeoSound 1, which has a din. Would my dealer be able to make/order a "Serenata connector->5 pin din" cable, or does a RCA input->5 pin din cable exist? 

• 01-15-2008 11:56 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Just noticed the itunes plug in is available for download:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=388

However, "No support of transfer of covers"! That was pretty much the only reason I wanted a plug in. Sigh.

• 03-05-2009 11:49 AM In reply to

I just had mine serenata few days ago and already have a problem. I use mac to transfer music and now the phone just says that the music library is empy no matter what i do! Im about to send it to my dealership but its in 1500km away in sweden. Can anyone tell me what should i see when i plug serenata in mass storage mode to mac? And what i can delete from there?

• 03-05-2009 2:28 PM In reply to

I also have a seranata, and as a mac user have tried to transfer cover art, but finally defeated.

Having spoken with B & O Denmark, understand that as the phone is discontinued the existing plug in will not be further developed to incorporate cover art. Have to go with a PC.

The problem you have with the empty music folder will be solved by a reset of the music part of the phone. A series of numbers that your dealer should be able to supply over the telephone (cannot recall them - sorry). Problem created by not ejecting your phone properly when installing music.

P

• 03-05-2009 10:47 PM In reply to

I have no idea if this is possible (with Macs) but have you tried to embed the cover-art into the music files?

I know with WMP 10, and embedded files seems to work more reliably than associating tag-on files.

Can you embed with iTunes?

10%

• 03-06-2009 2:46 AM In reply to

How would you do this?

P

• 03-06-2009 4:00 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

I'm afraid it doesn't work even if the artwork is embedded. My artwork is embedded in each mp3 file and no luck getting it on Serenata. I reckon it's a lost cause now trying to figure it out!

Peter, if you use iTunes afaik the artwork is embedded in the mp3 file when you add it. Although I can't say that for certain, someone like Alex should be able to answer.

Robert.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)