in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-24-2008 12:59 PM by linder. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-25-2007 5:20 PM

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Paradise [ip] Dream of a remote using iPod touch

With the iPod Touch able to remotely control an iMac or Mac laptop with IR control, surely it wouldn't be a big step to make it a super control for BeoSystems; would it?

What I dream about is a Beo 4/5 - type touch screen on the iPod (perhaps using Remote Buddy?) that could control what the Beo 5 can control -- or close to it.

I can dream, can't I?  

• 12-26-2007 3:45 AM In reply to

Re: Dream of a remote using iPod touch

My wife bought me a 16GB iPod Touch for Christmas. Its fantastic, I love it. I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can do with it in the new year. I'd love it to replace my Beo4. I lost interest in the Beo5 a long time ago, but this Touch would make a fantastic remote.
  • 12-26-2007 7:32 AM In reply to

You shouldn't have long to wait, now. The people behind iRed and irTrans have the solution you are looking for. When iRed 2.0 is out of beta shortly, you'll be able to control hardware with that software and irTrans, through a Mac computer. People who have used the 1.x version of iRed to control B&O are most pleased with the solution.
    The 2.0 version of iRed will emulate the remote control buttons on the Touch surface -- which sounds pretty ideal. I'll be using mine to controll both B&O and non-B&O hardware.

Search the site for iRed and irTrans, and have a look at this site: www.filewell.com/iRed2/

• 12-26-2007 7:57 AM In reply to

Re: Dream of a r

So does that mean, the Mac will have to be ON to use it as a remote?
    Filed under:
  • 12-26-2007 8:09 AM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Thanks for the forecast Soundproof; what you suggest will be a boon to all B&O users!! The iRed software looks most promising. I'll follow up on that as well as the iRTrans ethernet for Mac. I really appreciate your thoughts and tips here. Have a great Boxing Day!! (Mine's just over as it's after midnight!!)

Cheers! 

• 02-06-2008 3:07 PM In reply to

Today iPod Touch 32GB available.

Tempting!!!! 

• 02-06-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

Not cheap though! A bit like the new laptop - well worth waiting a little while for the technology prices to drop! I'll keep my 8GB one just now! It really is a most impressive gadget though - getting the hang of the interface now!
  • 02-08-2008 6:47 AM In reply to

I'm only using my Touch to control the music and film playback at home, which means I won't need the 32GB one - but it's probably a good one to have if you plan to travel with the Touch. Mine spends its time being charged in my AudioPro, and I can also control it remotely while it's in that dock. If I didn't have a music centre I would probably want as much music on it as possible, though.

When I want to control my music centre the Touch is ready with a full charge and gives me two-way access to hundreds of GBs worth of lossless music.

• 02-13-2008 3:52 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Now that I can use the AppleTV as an AirTunes station, I mostly listen to iTunes through my stereo. In fact it's so good that even dad is impressed (difficult to do with technology) and is looking at getting some Airport Expresses for use around the house (in the kitchen and lounge). The iPod Touch would make a brilliant remote control...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-14-2008 2:52 AM In reply to

Sometimes I'm really dense - now I understand why they took Airtunes out of Frontrow, they wanted to boost AppleTV sales.

• 09-19-2008 4:09 PM In reply to

I couldn't resist anymore. In my posession is now the new version 2 iPod Touch 16GB. First application downloaded = REMOTE.

Wish me luck...

Coolskin:
    d.d. 06-02-2008

Today iPod Touch 32GB available.

Tempting!!!!

• 09-23-2008 7:06 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Currently using ipod touch on my link system to control all albums on my mac remotely, when listened via the Bang & Olufsen links, simply awesome!!!
  • 09-24-2008 12:59 PM In reply to

I too am controlling all my albums on my Mac and Apple TV using the remote app.  In my case, its on an iPhone.

It is awesome! 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)