in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-26-2007 10:09 AM by Craig. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-24-2007 11:31 AM

• petz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-30-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Loewe Connect

Dear all,

I have been recently in a store that sells Loewe TVs. They had on show the new Connect series. Was only one TV connected to an external harddisk. So demo was more an introduction. It's rather new so that even resellers do not have a lot of info on the product.

It seems that Loewe have recognized that the next step for them is to integrate their stuff enabling clients to set-up a network throughout the home. At the moment only the new series is equipped with that functionality and the reseller didn't know if the existing range will be upgraded.

So it seems that they are trying to go in the same direction as B&O in terms of home integration putting design TV and integration in the forefront. Music systems' quality is still not that good, but Loewe could be a serious threat for BV6 & 8 clients given their price range.

They had on display a 37" Connect Media Full-HD+ (that means 100Hz) DR+ with integrated hard disk recorder even HDTV capable. Integrated features list is impressive at a price of EUR 4.000.

Any opinion. Merry christmas to you all!

Patrizio

• 12-24-2007 12:56 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Loewe Connect

Cannot comment on the current models you have mentioned in your post, but in the past IMO they were nowhere as good as any B&O TV. even when you compared the price difference. Although they did look a bit different to all the other grey boxes on the market that could be from any manufacturer. Which I suppose did set them apart from all the others.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 12-25-2007 10:13 PM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

only real plus i remember from loewe tv`s that they would have a filter for commercials,.....meaning you wouldnt have the problem of the boom when a comercial intermission is due ,....which is probably most annoying factor of comercial stations.

I remember the integration didnt really work smooth ,..its with a dedicated lowe server right ?

• 12-26-2007 12:50 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Quite true, Craig. Annoying to viewers, intentionally,  on purpose by the advertisers..

The end result is that the desired effect backfires. Rather than pay attention to the point of the commercial, one gets annoyed at the product and the message and turn it off. I find that if a program is running the same commercial repeatedly, my thoughts drift to            " anything but this product " or to switch the program to another channel.

I find that the really excellent point of the B&O system, and remote is that a simple thumb-push down on the remote ( Beo 4 up-down volume arrows ) instantly kills the sound. Consequently, when watching any commercial break ridden program, the remote rests in my hand, trigger " cocked at the ready " so to speak.

The Loewe products look good and are sold for less than B&O, but I haven't seen anything yet interesting enough to switch from B&O.

• 12-26-2007 2:25 AM In reply to

the problem i found with using loewe's is that their user interface is muddled to say the least , their rear port design is utterly bizarre and the remote control is arguably the worst one in the history of the universe

they also shamelessly copy bno design wise and the picture and most definitely build quality is simply not in the same league

i had a 32 inch individual a few years ago and sent it back after 24 hours

it was THAT bad ! 

popgear is grate™

• 12-26-2007 7:04 AM In reply to

• petz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-30-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

As already mentioned, the built quality is not the same. Image quality with analog signal is not good and not at all comparable with BO. Though pictures (photos) from the harddisk were quite good. So the image quality seems good with digital input.

But couldn't Loewe could become a threat for BnOs low-medium TVs as it's offering network functionalities?

• 12-26-2007 10:09 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Flappo The Grate:

i had a 32 inch individual a few years ago and sent it back after 24 hours

it was THAT bad ! 

Yes I remember you posting about it at the time. You were not impressed to say the least.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)