in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2008 1:36 PM by Craig. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (24 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-24-2007 6:21 AM

Help! Forgot pin for Beosystem 2 & now it will not even turn on.

Help it christmas eve and my Beosystem 2 has been in storage a while we refurbished the room, connected it all up last night and guess what I forgot the pin, so I get the wait and it was getting late so I went to bed. I have now tried it this morning & the LED inside go's Orange for 1 Second then turns Red for 1 sec then it go's off & nothing, I can not switch it on, I have tried disconnecting it from the the mains as suggested by tech support for little while & reconnecting but same problem. Hope some one can help as i can not face christmas without it as it means I'll have to watch drake & josh with the kids Help.

Simon 

• 12-24-2007 6:30 AM In reply to

Re: Help! Forgot pin for Beosystem 2 & now it will not even turn on.

The only way you will get your pin code is from the dealer who sold it to you in the first place, if you have entered the wrong pin three times you will get get a prompt on the screen that says 'Wait' if you have this then you need to leave the BeoSystem in standby for 3 hours at which time you can reenter the correct code.

• 12-24-2007 6:40 AM In reply to

After i Had entered the pin wrong three times I did get the wait message & as I said before I went to bed as it was getting late & the system was in standby but when i came down this morning it would not turn on at all it was then that i checked the fuse & noticed the LED's not staying on. 

I bought the unit from Lifestyle AV in February, I have phoned them this morning but they have closed now for the christmas break & unless they are watching this space & can help.

Simon 

• 12-24-2007 6:50 AM In reply to

If you have not got the pin code and cant get it then sadly your probably out of luck, but why you cannot get the BS2 to switch on is a puzzle.  Which LED are you referring to that goes orange then red?
  • 12-24-2007 7:00 AM In reply to

The LED's are just visable through the top vent above the power switch.
  • 12-24-2007 7:02 AM In reply to

And what happens to the LEDs on IR-eye?
  • 12-24-2007 7:14 AM In reply to

Nothing because the unit is not even getting that far it just goes off like before.
  • 12-24-2007 7:18 AM In reply to

It sounds for all the world like it is in PIN code lock, but you have already said that you have left it in standby for more than 3 hours and therefore it should have reset itself by now.   Is there any thing apart from the screen connected to it?
  • 12-24-2007 7:50 AM In reply to

I Think you should go to your dealerSad
  • 12-24-2007 7:57 AM In reply to

No there's nothing else connected at all, quite puzzling really.
  • 12-24-2007 8:07 AM In reply to

I had the same thing with my beosound9000,micro processor replaced!
  • 12-24-2007 9:00 AM In reply to

Well I have just spoke to John @ eastbourne B&O and he suggested that I disconnect the power for 10-15mins reconnect without switching on and leaving the unit for three hours & the n switch on but no more than four hours and he also very kindly gave me the pin number that I had forgotten, so hopefully the sequence that he has suggested will work.
  • 12-24-2007 11:49 AM In reply to

Best of luck!
  • 12-24-2007 12:19 PM In reply to

Update

It did not work the LED's are still coming on then almost immediately going off.

Anyone got any thoughts as to my next step. 

• 12-26-2007 7:12 AM In reply to

Has anyone got any idea as to the problem as I am quite puzzled as this was working fine before.

Simon

• 12-26-2007 9:49 AM In reply to

I think it's broke!  goto your dealer he can fix it
  • 12-26-2007 12:45 PM In reply to

I hope not, I will be very disappointed if it is broken as I have done nothing to it except put in the wrong Pin, I cannot see that it has broken because this situation must be replicated elsewhere with wrong pin numbers being put in all over the world, but if this is the case then I will be contacting B&O about it to see what there position is on this matter. .
  • 12-27-2007 10:07 AM In reply to

Update

When i now turn on the BS2 the LED's gor from green to red to green to red then go off & still it will not turn on.

Any ideas

Ps I did notice on another page on the site that if I join up as a silver or gold member then I get some sort of technical help, is this the case?

• 12-27-2007 2:56 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

beolife:

Ps I did notice on another page on the site that if I join up as a silver or gold member then I get some sort of technical help, is this the case?

Not exactly technical help - that is free via the beoworld members (many of our technical advisors will probably be offline now until the festive season is over).

Silver membership entitles you to sell & buy on the site and grants access to the vast database of user & service manuals on site for the 12 month duration of membership. Gold membership gives you the same access plus entry into the monthly prize draw on the same 12 month basis.

To be honest, I don't think the user & service manuals are likely to help with your problem as the advice already given is about as good as you will get without the help of a dealer.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 12-27-2007 3:59 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply,

I have already contacted B&O eastbourne as I had already said earlier in the post, I also managed to speak to Alan today at B&O Tunbridge Wells who actually done a software upgrade about 6months ago, they suggested another way of trying but still no luck, there must be a correct sequence to go through but I am unable yet to find it.

• 01-03-2008 12:24 PM In reply to

Is the problem solved?

• 01-03-2008 1:08 PM In reply to

koning:

Is the problem solved?

Yes!

I have been trying to sort this out for about a week and half trying different ways as suggested by different people, in the end I got fed up & just left unit with the power cable in and the power button pressed down as already suggested but had not worked & I got up this morning & it was in standby with the LED light inside red, well I could not believe it so I switched on at the remote & bingo it was working so I put in the correct pin I hasten to add & there it was in all it's glory working again.

I am really pleased as I did not want to fork out for a repair just after christmas.

So a BIG thankyou to all of you who helped me try to sort this out.

Regards Simon 

PS I had left it powered up for about three days & had checked before & it was only this morning that it was in standby odd really

• 01-03-2008 1:36 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

beolife:
    koning:

Is the problem solved?

Yes!

I have been trying to sort this out for about a week and half trying different ways as suggested by different people, in the end I got fed up & just left unit with the power cable in and the power button pressed down as already suggested but had not worked & I got up this morning & it was in standby with the LED light inside red, well I could not believe it so I switched on at the remote & bingo it was working so I put in the correct pin I hasten to add & there it was in all it's glory working again.

I am really pleased as I did not want to fork out for a repair just after christmas.

So a BIG thankyou to all of you who helped me try to sort this out.

Regards Simon 

PS I had left it powered up for about three days & had checked before & it was only this morning that it was in standby odd really

Very glad to hear you sorted it out in the end SimonWink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (24 items)