in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-22-2007 1:20 PM by vlohjr1. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2007 4:48 AM

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

BV7 Update

Quick bit of back ground here before diving into the question.

The panasonic Digi-box my Grandads been running on his BV7 (I think MK1? Purchased 04/06) has given up and died. This being the second one I called sean at the Mailbox to see if there were better alternatives. Sean advised me to look at Humax or the B&O DTV (thank you Sean for your help).

I whizzed down to Comet and £180 later picked up a Humax PVR9200TB, Took it back to my Grandads hooked it up including the IR cable and installed it as each of the Humax boxes on the control list but I still can't control it using the Beo4.

Does anyone know if a software update on the BV7 will give me the Humax PVR9200TB as an option on the control list and also what the cost of the update will be?   

• 12-22-2007 6:48 AM In reply to

Re: BV7 Update

Hi,

First of all, perhaps the chap at mailbox sould have suggested particular models and not just a manufacturerStick out tongue you could have wasted your hard earned!

However you are in luck, that box is supported by the new PUC.  What you need to do is get your dealer to update your TV with a new STB table created using the IR-Table Generator, it is very straight forward and takes about 10mins.  What the cost will be is entirely down to your dealer.

• 12-22-2007 8:54 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

CraigB:

Quick bit of back ground here before diving into the question.

The panasonic Digi-box my Grandads been running on his BV7 (I think MK1? Purchased 04/06) has given up and died. This being the second one I called sean at the Mailbox to see if there were better alternatives. Sean advised me to look at Humax or the B&O DTV (thank you Sean for your help).

I whizzed down to Comet and £180 later picked up a Humax PVR9200TB, Took it back to my Grandads hooked it up including the IR cable and installed it as each of the Humax boxes on the control list but I still can't control it using the Beo4.

Does anyone know if a software update on the BV7 will give me the Humax PVR9200TB as an option on the control list and also what the cost of the update will be?   

You have an extermely expensive TV with a dealer that could have been a lot more helpful, You may have wasted money, either way it will cost for the upgrade.For a good solution, change the box for something that is supported and then change your dealer to someone who knows your product,  and can assist in a proctical way without leaving you to it.

• 12-22-2007 10:30 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies gents

Will the B&O staff perform the upgrade or would it be an engineer that has to do it?

355F - The BV7 wasn't purchased from the Mailbox originally and Sean did advise me that they do not sell any stand alone DTV boxes, they only supply the B&O DTV and when he told me the price I turned to my grandad and exclaimed " at least *** Turpin wore a mask" . So Humax it was, I did look at the Control list before heading off to Comet but I foolishly thought that one of the STB's on the list would control this newer model, Ho hum......

Software upgrade it is

Thanks again folks 

• 12-22-2007 10:41 AM In reply to

Craig,

It depends on the dealer whether the staff can do it or not, it's just a matter of training.  It is very straight forward and any member of staff should be competent enough to carry out the update.

• 12-22-2007 1:20 PM In reply to

THe STB  update is a simple plug into the computer and download-I need to get this done as Sky HD box is not supported by MkII software. May be a good idea to get new software 7.7 done as well at the same time as you can pay for just one call out charge. 7.7 apparently supports additional HDMI software

Vince

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)