in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2011 11:26 AM by chartz. 85 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2009 7:40 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Workshop CD5500 CD6500 CD7000 Reparatur Laser Controller Servo Platine

Clean the track rod that the laser block slides on using isopropanol (tapehead cleaner) and a soft cloth. Step to outer tracks on a 70min+ CD to access the inner part. Clean also the tiny bearing ball at the left side bracket (a couple of screws to go there). Give the ball and track rod a little sewing machine oil, step the laser block through the full travel a couple of times (by inserting a 70min+ CD and skipping tracks forward over and over). Add another drop of oil to the rod. If it's very dirty and lots of dust and dirt are pushed out and accumulated at the ends of the blocks travel you may need to clean again.

Martin

• 01-09-2009 7:47 AM In reply to

hi martin ,

how to take off that reversed little board ? is there any easier way other than solder that white plastic angled jumper out ?  regarding that white poti , should i turn it clockwise or anti clockwise ? sorry for my ignorance .

david

• 01-10-2009 3:43 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

The laser current setting shouldn't be touched unless MEASURED wrong according to the service manual and compared to what is stated on the label on the laser block itself. I don't think the fault in your deck is caused by a wrong setting of laser current.

Dealing with the laser current adjustment without proper means of measuring would be playing with the laser blocks life.
    The adjustment is very hard to set right, it's very sensitive to the slightest rotation
    and the adjustment range is far too wide.
    Setting the current 50% too high (corresponding to maybe 10 degress of rotation
    on the trimmer!) and the, otherwise extremely robust, laser will go black
    in 10 seconds and won't ever emit any light again.
    I suggest you leave the laser current trimmer alone unless you are absolutely sure what you are doing.

You can replace all the capacitors, I agree they can go bad and I've replaced
    thousands myself but I doubt that it will cure this particular fault. 

Did you read my previous post ? I suggest you try this. It's far more likely to have accumulated dust and lubrication has dried rather than an adjustment going out.

Martin

• 01-10-2009 5:27 AM In reply to

hi martin ,

before reading your latest reply , i had finished the cleaning and oil-adding works last night according to your advise . moreover , i had also adjusted that little white porti . the experience and the result is really CRAZY !

even after cleaning and adding oil to the shaft and the ball , the CD50 still have jumping problem in almost every 5 seconds of each tracks . i opened it up again , mildly turn the white trimmer clockwise for 2 - 5 degree , jumping problem almost gone except one to two tracks , but i can hear "chit-chit-chit " sound in the music i play . then , i turned it backward to -5 or -6 while playing . "chit-chit" sound gone . i tried other CDs , jump issue solved and no strange noise heard .

i closed the player up and tried it with other CDs and even CDR i burnt , ALL IS FINE !

i have just checked your latest message , sweat is coming down from my head . anyway , my CD50 is playing well and i am happy now .

DEAR MARTIN , THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH !!

regards

david

• 01-14-2009 5:12 AM In reply to

• Tom472
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-14-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Silver Member

Hello all

Please forgive my lack of knowledge on CD players and poor German translation skills.

I just bought a CD 5500 (my fist piece of B&O equipment!) which had the ususal reading problems, fixed by the capacitor switch suggested above.  When I first got it the cd tray wouldn't close fully as one of the white plastic tray's rubber mountings had snapped and so it was hanging down - I fixed it with a highly technical paperclip.

Can anybody tell me if the rubber mountings are still available anywhere, as presumably they affect the laser alignment?

Many thanks

Tom

• 02-17-2009 8:37 AM In reply to

hi martin ,

i am very happy to let you know that my beogram cd 5500 is fixed  according to your instruction . i have replaced almost all caps from time to time . after replacing c13 (4700uf) and c18 (2200uf) recently , all strange noise are gone . thank you very much for your teaching .

regards

david

• 03-09-2009 1:12 PM In reply to

• Folke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-24-2008
    • Stockholm, Sverige/Sweden
    • Posts 30
    • Bronze Member

Sorry for buttin' in this late! Smile I have successfully renovated a BG CD50, and would like to do the "Track 0 switch" modification. Will a 10uF 16V cap suffice? And how and where exactly should it be soldered for correct polarity? Please refer to the enclosed picture! And thank you!

BG 6000 Quad (two!), BM 3000, BM 5000 (2005), BV S45, BV M70 with trumpet stands

• 03-09-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

Ups, i dont remember which pin is what signal ... i did it with a multimeter. Check the pins which are activated when Track 0 is reached and measure the polarity. I think, one pin is ground, identical to the frame of the CD50, the other one is a pull up resistor to 5V... but, check it please.

A10uF 16V cap is ok.

• 03-09-2009 4:10 PM In reply to

• Folke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-24-2008
    • Stockholm, Sverige/Sweden
    • Posts 30
    • Bronze Member

Thank you, Martin!

Please excuse my ignorance - and polarity? Minus on cap to ground (or the other way round...)? Unsure

BG 6000 Quad (two!), BM 3000, BM 5000 (2005), BV S45, BV M70 with trumpet stands

• 03-14-2009 3:42 AM In reply to

Hi,

Have a question for my CD50.

Power on works, opens the door and when entering a CD the player shuts off. Any advise what could be wrong with this?????

Thanks,

Markus

• 03-14-2009 1:59 PM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Check the ESR on all your capacitors.

These CD decks are built like a tank, and will last for (almost) ever, except for the lousy capacitors B&O used.

Regards

M Yachad

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 03-15-2009 5:48 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Markus,

It sounds as if the player don't realize that a CD has been inserted.
    Normal behavior if hitting play with no CD on the tray is tray retraction and then standby.
    There are a couple of sensors (dust) and switches (dust and oxidation) that probably will need cleaning.
    Capacitors can never be ruled out and neither can cracked solders. Every CD50
    coming in here gets a check of the power supply areas (a.o.), voltage
    regulators etc., and also certain areas of the servo board. There's almost always something to do in those areas.

Martin

• 03-15-2009 10:00 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Sorry to state the obvious, but don't forget the CD goes in upside-down on a CD50!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-12-2009 4:23 PM In reply to

Hello,

thanks for your valuable advice. I've followed your instructons and changed the 33uf to a 47uf 35V. But still it does not working properly. The funny thing was, that it was reading CD-R but not normal Audio CDs. So I try to spin on the pots (yes, also the dangerous laser current,very carefully) but without any access.

For my luck, i had an old working philips cd350 here with CDM2/10 drive, CD5500 has CDM2/29 drive. After changig the Laser and adjusting the Pots my CD5500 works fine! The amazing thing is, it also plays CD-RWs now!!!! It's that crazy! I have never thought that this device can be repaired so easily.

Best Regards,

Misko

• 03-07-2010 5:06 PM In reply to

Hi Martin,

I have the same problems with a Beogram CD 3500. Not reading CD's some time's Inside the board seems the same as on the picture of the 5500. Is it the same? I adjusted the laser current to 45mV and it works again now. It was 65 mV.

I would like to order the caps somewhere in Europe. I am located in The Netherlands. If you could add the partnumbers for that webshop I would be very pleased.  These CAPnumbers I would like to replace:

2103= 33uf or better 47uf axial blue Philips

2159= 1,5uf bipolar, replace with 1,5uf WIMA MKS-2-5 (red on the picture... I can not locate this number on my PCB board)

2104/2107=47uf, replace with 100uf low esr type or high qualitiy power supply type

2138,2140=220uf, dito

Kind regards, Edwin

• 03-07-2010 5:46 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Edwin,

There are many different versions of the servo board.
    If yours haven't got the bipolar cap, it will be a different version
    and you will have to let us know the exact version number found on the boards
    solder-side or, even better, a photo of the board back and/or front sides.

I don't have a webshop but I put together the cap kits.
    I am not aware of anyone else providing kits like this.

Adjusting the laser current is not recommended. The adjustment doesn't go out.
    In 95% of the cases or more it's the capacitors in the electronics that fail
    and replacing them will restore normal operation as long as no adjustments were
    set to match the defective electronics, so in your case I suggest you readjust
    immediately after recap'ing and note that due to a typo, not all service manuals give
    the correct point for measuring.
    That goes especially for the Beocenter 9000, where almost all service manuals are wrong.

Martin

• 03-12-2010 3:23 AM In reply to

Hello Martin,

I have replaced all the caps as you've mentioned here and everything is working fine, even CD-R now.

But when I mount into the tracklist by pressing play on the front, I cann't always skip all the numbers until the last tracks!?

The player goes then in standby, what would be the cause of this??

The 3 or 2 last numbers of the disc are the most difficult to select, the others are no problem!

The strange thing is, when I let it play without selecting any track manualy, the whole disc is playing faultless!!?

Is there a difference between HR and TK capacitors? I've used 100µF/16V TK (Jamicon), 220µF/16V HR (Choyo), 1,5µF/63V bipolar (Wima) and 47µF/40V axial (Philips blue). Are the voltages also OK??

Regards, Bruno

• 05-29-2010 5:35 AM In reply to

• vaclav
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Hallo Martin, ich bin auf deine Beschreibung hier im Forum gestoßen und wollte dich fragen, ob mein Problem mit dem Wechsel der Bauteilen zusammenhängt:

Ich habe einen Beogram CD 5500. Das Gerät spielt meistens saubere CDs ohne Kratzer ab, gelegentlich auch gebrannte. Bei gebrannten und CDs mit kleinen Kratzern steigt der Player häufig abruppt aus und schaltet ab. Beim Einlesen von schlechteren CDs braucht er lange oder schaltet auch ab.

Es wurden ja nun verschiedene Bauteile beschrieben, die man nehmen sollte oder welche die nicht, könntest Du mir welche nennen, die neben den Philips, die man scheinbar nicht mehr bekommt, ersatzweise verwenden kann? Ich bin kein gelernter Bastler, habe aber schon gelegentlich solche Bauteile getauscht, manchmal ohne zu wissen, was das Teil genau macht...

Ich wäre für Hilfe sehr dankbar...

Jürgen

• 05-30-2010 10:38 AM In reply to

Es ist eigentlich alles schon im ersten Teil des Workshops genannt worden. Bauteilnummern, Werte und auch Bilder.

Das einzige kleine Problem stellt der originale blaue Philips dar, der von BC Components ersetzt/aufgekauft wurde. Diese Kondensatoren sind jederzeit hier in Deutschland noch erhältlich, bei Reichelt, Segor und vielen anderen Lieferanten.

Mit den genannten Teilen ( nur 6 Kondensatoren...) lassen sich die meisten Controller soweit regenerieren, dass der häufigste Fehler erledigt wird. Mit etwa 5 Euro Material und einer Stunde Arbeit kann man mit etwas Löterfahrung ihn zu 80% wieder hinbekommen.

Alles andere wie Risse, kalte Lötstellen oder auch wirklich verbrauchte Laser läßt sich damit natürlich nicht kurieren, das braucht dann wirklich einen erfahrenen Elektroniker. Man kann nicht alles in so einem Artikel erschlagen.

Der blaue Philips ist sogar noch hier bei Segor ganz normal lieferbar, 40 Cent.

http://www.segor.de/suche.shtml?foto=1&Q=47+axial&M=1

• 06-01-2010 2:35 AM In reply to

• vaclav
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Hallo Martin,

wie du merkst bin ich elektronisch höchstens ein Laie, daher zur Sicherheit noch die Frage wegen der Volt-Werte.

Soweit ich es erkennen konnte:

2103= 33uf or better 47uf axial blue Philips, 16V

2159= 1,5uf bipolar, replace with 1,5uf WIMA MKS-2-5 (red on the picture... I can not locate this number on my PCB board), 50V

2104/2107=47uf, replace with 100uf low esr type or high qualitiy power supply type, 25V

2138,2140=220uf, dito, 16V

Ist das so korrekt???

• 06-02-2010 12:01 PM In reply to

Ja.

• 06-04-2010 2:52 PM In reply to

• vaclav
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Habe bei Segor bestellt, die können den WIMA MKS-2-5 erst im September liefern. Kann ich stattdessen 2,2 uF mit 5% nehmen oder eher den 1,5 uF mit 10% Tolleranz???

Ich habe in meinem Fall übrigens den Verdacht, dass das Spinnen meines Beogram mit dem Beomaster zusammenhängt. Wenn ich das Gerät vom Master abhänge, scheinen die Cds ohne Probleme durchzulaufen.

Mein Störungsbild ist ein Aussetzten in den Standby wenn die CDs schlecht gelesen werden können aber auch mitten im Lauf ohne erkennbaren Grund. Manchmal spinnt der Beogram dann noch mit der Lade rum. Macht diese nicht mehr korrekt zu und ich muß manuell nachhelfen. Häufig, wenn ich beide Geräte dann vom Netz nehme, geht es wieder eine Zeit lang.

Jetzt mach ich das erst mal mit den Kondensatoren, aber könnte evtl. auch ein Wackler am Verbindungsstecker die Ursache sein? Hattest Du schon einen ähnlichen Fall???

Herzlichen Dank, Jürgen

• 06-05-2010 7:14 AM In reply to

Ja, der Fehler mit der Lade und dem Rumspinnen des Masters ist bekannt. Es ist ein Massefehler im Vorverstärker des Masters, eine gebrochene Leiterbahn für Masse.

Einfache Prüfung mit dem Multimeter möglich: wenn keine Verbindung der Antennenmasse (Schirmung) zu den Steckergehäusen der weiteren Geräte besteht, ist die Leiterbahn zerstört.

Ursache: meistens Gleichspannung auf dem Antennen Eingang und das passiert sehr, sehr gerne bei Kabelfernsehen.

• 06-09-2010 3:58 AM In reply to

• vaclav
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Masse ist ok, aber der Player steigt immer noch mtten drin aus mal 1 Stück, mal 3, mal die ganze CD. einfach mitten im Lied in standby.
    Wenn man alles vom strom nimmt, geht es nach einer Zeit wieder mit der selbsen Prozedur. Dann kommt das auch mit der Lade und die geht dann nur noch manuell zu. Mmh, ärgerlich. Könnte evtl. das Verbindungskabel von CD zu Master Probleme haben??? Es scheint mir nämlich so, dass nach dem anlöten der 2 losen Cinch-Stecker das ganze schlimmer ist, bzw. er schneller aussteigt. Insofern ist wohl das Problem da irgendwo zu finden...

• 06-09-2010 12:28 PM In reply to

Hallo Martin,

sorry das ich da reinplatze aber nachdem ich meine ouvertüre nun zerlegt habe um den ominösen C2103 zu tauschen (der bei der ouvertüre wohl C100 heißt ;-)

Da ist aber ein CDM12 Laufwerk drin.

Erstmal rumgesucht wo denn da das board 8 ist - da ist alles irgendwie woanders.

Servo board ist hier board 88; Hab ich dann von "hinten" gefunden; nur sind da lauter SMD-Tantals drauf die ja eigentlich nicht so altersempfindlich sind.

Auch die Schaltung ist nicht mit einem BC338. Gibt's beim CDM12 einen ähnlichen Ko? Alles was ich finde sind Vcc-Stützko's.

Hab noch eine 2. ouvertüre die spielt diese CD ab; aber noch nicht nachgeschaut ob die auch das neuere Modell ist; jedenfalls ist der CD-Schlitz auch gerade...

Schaltpläne vorhanden, Elektronikwissen auch (denk ich doch ;-)

Grüße,

Gunther

Page 3 of 4 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >