in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2007 5:43 AM by Beolab. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-19-2007 12:56 AM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

A tale of two TV´s

Beovision 7-40 MK III  Cost: €10500                      Vs                  Samsung LE-40M86BD  Cost: €1100  (In Sweden)

Full HD 1920x1080p LTA400HS-LH2 panel                                     Full HD 1920x1080p LTA400HS-LH2

4x HDMI version 1.2                                                                   3x HDMI version 1.3

VisionClear BS3 processor with movie mode.                                DINe processor with Movie Plus mode.

Anti-reflection coated LCD (Glare with low- reflection coating)        Super Clear glare panel

DVB-T : No (optional)                                                                  DVB-T: Yes

Hydraulic stand with tilt and turn: Yes                                            Hydraulic stand with tilt and turn: Yes  

50p and 60p  (No 24p)                                                                24p, 50p and 60p

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/file/Press/BVi7-40%20EU_PR.pdf                                 http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Samsung-LE40M86BD 

The same TV /panel but in another "box" with DVD playback =)

Just fun to make a discussion of this controversial topic. (Re-packaging and Re-fine things with different logo:s).. . ;)

And yes the PQ and Build-Quality are Streets between Samsung and B&o BV7 luckily !!!!

Regards!

BL8000 MkII Black

• 12-19-2007 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: A tale of two TV´s

I agree same screen, but not the same video processor, or indeed sound system and DVD. Hard to argue against the Samsung at one tenth the price though! The Beolab 5 won't work with it easily though! Laughing
  • 12-19-2007 2:17 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

In no way are they the same TV. I can absolutely guarantee that the components shared by those TVs stop at the panel. They are completely different sets internally with the exception of the panel.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-19-2007 2:47 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I can categorically say it's not the same TV. My brother owns a Samsung 32" 2007 model and it's terrible. Watching F1 on a sunny day, the TV struggles to handle the shine from the track/car and it looks more like it's pouring with rain. When watching football, there was obvious blur around the ball, when it was kicked around the ground. My old BV7 MKI shows the same digital signal without these issues, proving that the processing was more capable than the Samsung.

• 12-19-2007 2:50 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Purchased a Samsung 32" last Christmas for our eldest lads room. Great for playing his Xbox on, looks terrrible when watching TV and DVD's.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 12-19-2007 2:55 PM In reply to

moxxey:

I can categorically say it's not the same TV. My brother owns a Samsung 32" 2007 model and it's terrible. Watching F1 on a sunny day, the TV struggles to handle the shine from the track/car and it looks more like it's pouring with rain. When watching football, there was obvious blur around the ball, when it was kicked around the ground. My old BV7 MKI shows the same digital signal without these issues, proving that the processing was more capable than the Samsung.

This proves that the video processor is a very important piece of the TV, doesn't it? If a Samsung is rubbish, than it's not worth having not even at a tenth of the price.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-19-2007 3:48 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Oh no Samsung is definitely worth having, and outside of a B&O, I'd choose a Samsung LCD over any other brand without even blinking (obviously having already seen the different offerings).

However, the B&O TVs are streets ahead of the rest of the market in terms of picture quality, IMO at least.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-19-2007 4:46 PM In reply to

• petz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-30-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

And what about a Loewe at 60 % off?
  • 12-19-2007 5:25 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Just fun to make a discussion of this controversial topic. (Re-packaging and Re-fine things with different logo:s).. . ;)

And yes the PQ and Build-Quality are Streets between Samsung and B&o BV7 luckily !!!!

Regards!

BL8000 MkII Black

• 12-19-2007 5:30 PM In reply to

For a tenth of the price of a BV7 40" , I wouldn't feel ripped off buying a 1100 Euro Samsung 40" LCD. However, I personally think the next best picture after the BV7 would be a Pioneer from what I have seen in the audio & visual high street stores.

• 12-19-2007 11:55 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Thanks guys!

I needed  just to be convinced over why i have spent € 26000:- on B&o the last four months....!!Unsure Stick out tongue

BL8000 MkII Black

• 12-20-2007 12:31 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

It is always an interesting discussion point here.  This is something i encountered when in sales.

Bang TV's are great value for money. They last for a long time, give great prescence within rooms, allow a huge degree of bespoke with colours, stands etc and some have optional modules.  Most link to other rooms, making them versatile, they allow more speakers to be added - and if you dont add more speakers still sound better than anything else on the market.  The picture quality is streets ahead of others on the market, use real elements of aluminium and glass on most giving a genuine feel to the product.

Bang offers backup service that others cant match, especially for parts and service.  Many people used to quibble at the cost, then buy several tv's in the time that they could have bought and been happy with one Bangvision. 

People waffle about HD this and Pixels that, at the end of the day, watch a movie on a Bangvision then go watch a Sony or something else.

Bangvisions have natural colours, natural movements, clear and defined images as well as unparralled ease of watchability.

Bangvisions also have fantastic contrast and colour as well as sensors for light so the picture adjusts accordingly.  The processor also "forgets" to a degree the background of a picture so the front image is clear, giving a 3 dimentional picture element.

The anti reflection screen is also an expensive element of the Bangvision, being up until now blasted with lead balls to give this effect.

The Bangvisions also only use grade a+ screens. No other manufacturer in the world do this, apart from industrial screen users.

All this goes to make  Bangvision, so you can watch good TV and you still quibble about the price....

Filed under:
  • 12-20-2007 12:37 AM In reply to

Lots of absolutely valid points. One quibble: BeoVisions is actually a shorter word than Bangvisions, and truer to the brand you're lauding! Embarrassed

• 12-20-2007 5:43 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Dude1:

It is always an interesting discussion point here.  This is something i encountered when in sales.

Bang TV's are great value for money. They last for a long time, give great prescence within rooms, allow a huge degree of bespoke with colours, stands etc and some have optional modules.  Most link to other rooms, making them versatile, they allow more speakers to be added - and if you dont add more speakers still sound better than anything else on the market.  The picture quality is streets ahead of others on the market, use real elements of aluminium and glass on most giving a genuine feel to the product.

Bang offers backup service that others cant match, especially for parts and service.  Many people used to quibble at the cost, then buy several tv's in the time that they could have bought and been happy with one Bangvision. 

People waffle about HD this and Pixels that, at the end of the day, watch a movie on a Bangvision then go watch a Sony or something else.

Bangvisions have natural colours, natural movements, clear and defined images as well as unparralled ease of watchability.

Bangvisions also have fantastic contrast and colour as well as sensors for light so the picture adjusts accordingly.  The processor also "forgets" to a degree the background of a picture so the front image is clear, giving a 3 dimentional picture element.

The anti reflection screen is also an expensive element of the Bangvision, being up until now blasted with lead balls to give this effect.

The Bangvisions also only use grade a+ screens. No other manufacturer in the world do this, apart from industrial screen users.

All this goes to make  Bangvision, so you can watch good TV and you still quibble about the price....

Dude 1:

You came, you saw, you convinced me! 

BL8000 MkII Black

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)