in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2007 11:50 AM by fish. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2007 5:39 AM

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

avant tube change and pin cushion type problem

hi

i would be grateful for any help again if possible, i have just had the tube replaced in my avant (rf dvd version) by b&o and apparently the original tube was a revision 1 which is no longer available and has therefore been superseeded and replaced with a revision 2, which also includes some new circuitry and a software update.

the tube was replaced yesterday and everything appeared to be fine, however after watching it for a while it appeared that when watching some things there was a problem which can only be described like a problem you may have if there the pincushion correction wasn't setup correctly, i.e lines that should be straight near the edges of the screen (e.g. a picture of a door frame) appear to be curved at both top and bottom.  the strange thing is it doesn't happen on everything, i.e. if i watch standard terrestrial tv the problem doesn't appear to be apparent, whereas if i watch the same channel through the sky+ (which is set to 16:9 ratio) then the problem is apparent. also, if i watch something like sky news (which i think may be broadcast in widescreen) then problem isn't apparent but if i watch a dvd like toy story then it is ??, all of which  has left me a little confused!

i'm about to go back to b&o about it now, but thought i would post the question here first in case any light can be shed on what the problem might be

thanks in advance

steve

• 12-18-2007 6:41 AM In reply to

Re: avant tube change and pin cushion type problem

Try changing the "format" of the picture on the avant whilst watching the suspect channel ... settings for format 1, 2 and 3 are all different.

Neil

• 12-18-2007 6:47 AM In reply to

Nobby is quite correct. Screen geometry has to be set up for each format. Sounds like they have not done this for the format which displays the pin cushion effect.

If all else is well, the engineer can adjust this from the service menu.

Regards Graham

• 12-18-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

ok, thanks, will give it a try later. i think from memory it's anything with format 3 (i.e. 16:9)

cheers

steve

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)