in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-20-2008 3:01 PM by steph. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2007 10:41 PM

New BC2 is defferent to old one!

I have just had my BC2 replaced as the old one seemed unfixable. I notice the new one is differnet in many ways. The 'buttons' make an audible sound when pressed - this was not present on the old one. The CD tray is slightly different with higher guides to make sure the CD is in place. The onscreen menus look different - I think even the font is different. the overall sound of the machine is noisier, and the display now reads that it is waiting to access the disc, which was not on the old one.The Beo4 has completely different combinations of buttons to operate the machine: on the old one 'go' 'yellow' gave the menu, now it is the blue button. Many of the double presses of keys has been replaced by a single press. I am having to relearn how to operate it with the remote.Is this a common thing with B&O? I think it must be difficult to know what you are buying epecially second-hand, as they look identical on the outside but obviously differnet internally. I suspect this has a completely different DVD/CD player inside.Does anyone have any information on these changes to the BC2?

Patrick

• 12-17-2007 1:53 AM In reply to

Re: New BC2 is defferent to old one!

You now have a Mk2! I'll see if I can get the service manual but essentially it has new software and a speaker built in for the feedback - seems a good idea to me!
  • 12-17-2007 3:10 PM In reply to

Peter

What do you mean 'it has a speaker built in for feedback? A service manual would e great. Thank you.

Patrick

• 12-17-2007 3:28 PM In reply to

The newest BC2 has a small speaker built into the PCB so that you get the acoustic feedback. It is possible to upgrade older models - don't ask me how old!! You also have to update both socket and master units to S/W 5.10a . Manual going on site!
  • 12-17-2007 4:32 PM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Wohh !

Sounds interesting !

Do you think the acoustic feedback is a good idea for the flat and thin aluminium surface of the BeoCenter ?

I love when the sound is very "smooth" (like the BeoSound 3200 doors). 

• 12-17-2007 4:35 PM In reply to

I think so - the problem with the BC2 is knowing when you have pressed a button!  The red light does flash but an acoustic feedback like the Beo5 would be perfect.
  • 12-17-2007 5:10 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Since when did this change happen?

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-17-2007 6:39 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

When they introduced the MKII
    -Alex
  • 12-17-2007 7:03 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LaughingLaughingLaughing

You walked right into that one Alex!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-17-2007 7:15 PM In reply to

I would like to keep my BC2 for a long time.  Does anybody know what the cost is to upgrade to MKII?  Also what does the upgrade include?

Thanks, 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 12-17-2007 9:51 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

I dont know the actual cost to upgrade ur current BC2 to the new one. The MKII is the same price as the MKI. the software was updated to do single push commands instead of pressing go before the arrows now you only push the arrows (which makes more sense to me) and the steel finish is also new. The hourglass when you push the load button as well as the audible feedback when you touch the buttons.
    -Alex
  • 12-17-2007 11:38 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Alex:
    I dont know the actual cost to upgrade ur current BC2 to the new one. The MKII is the same price as the MKI. the software was updated to do single push commands instead of pressing go before the arrows now you only push the arrows (which makes more sense to me) and the steel finish is also new. The hourglass when you push the load button as well as the audible feedback when you touch the buttons.

Sounds very interesting! Can you here any difference Vs the old MK I when you play a CD ??

Regards 

BL8000 MkII Black

• 12-18-2007 2:01 AM In reply to

It was introduced mid September. Look for S/W 5.10a though that did predate the hardware. Master units from S/N 20405179 onwards. Not sure that the Mk1 is upgradeable.
  • 12-18-2007 5:20 PM In reply to

Beolab:
    Alex:
    Sounds very interesting! Can you here any difference Vs the old MK I when you play a CD ??  Regards 
    I haven't sat and really listened to any difference in sound, but I have noticed that the new mechanism is much noisier than the old. There is a lot of whirring goes on when you access the disc.

Patrick

• 01-14-2008 12:32 AM In reply to

One important thought on this issue is that you don't actually know what you are buying when you choose B&O. It seems to me that the MKII is a completely different machine than the MKI. It is just put in the same case. The two machines obviously look exactly the same but are as different as buying a Philips or a Pioneer!!!

In another world this difference of brand could make the difference in purchasing or not. 

Patrick

• 01-14-2008 1:43 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh yeah i remember my dealer telling me about a new model having the click of the Beo5.

Whats interesting is that (being the sometimes negative person i am) the first thing i pointed out when playing with the BC2 was that i didn't like not knowing if i pressed hard enough, and not having any feedback from the buttons apart from the little light that didn't get my attention. This was the one thing on the BC2 that made me say out loud "i don't like it" lol

Paddy, you say it's noisier, thats not good to hear! In what way is it noisy? Sad 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-20-2008 11:15 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Is it possible to choose the "material" of the BC2 ?

I mean, on the B&O website (french version), we can read that there are 2 types of "colors" :

- silver and black

- steel and black

May be the new option "steel and black" is only available for the BC2 audio and the classic aluminium (silver and black) for the BC2 CD/DVD

Have you got an idea ? 

• 01-20-2008 11:38 AM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

Both versions - DVD and Audio - are available in steel and aluminium!
  • 01-20-2008 3:01 PM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Very cool !!
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)