in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-17-2007 6:59 PM by a11mcr. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2007 3:13 PM

• a11mcr
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-29-2007
    • Redcar,North East
    • Posts 154
    • Silver Member

Aux link problem?

Hi i have a Beovision LX4500 in my bedroom connected to my BC9500 in the dinning room now when i want to listen to the radio or other source through the tv when i change the cd track or radio program i get a strange noise (data feedback i think) how can i stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Kind Regards, Mark

• 12-16-2007 3:27 PM In reply to

• hollis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-21-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Gold Member

Re: Aux link problem?

Hi Mark,

I have the same with my setup, in my case I think it is because I have used a home made link cable and the screening is not good enough between the data and sound cables. I used multicore cable that only had one overall screen and I think other members may confirm that is not correct as there should be screening between the digital and audio pairs. The sound you hear will be the interference from the burst of digital data that is being sent via the commumications cables.  I routed my cable through walls and a floor (so a big pain to change it) so I have just put up with it as it only happens when changing something.  Next time I will use better cable :)

In your case you could run another cable along side just for the data wires or replace the whole lot the correct cable, good luck.

Steve

• 12-17-2007 1:42 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Same, here, when i used a "bad" cable (AUX between MX and Beomaster),
    when controlling the Beomaster by remote,
    after a few seconds there were these "data-beeps" 

I changed the AUX cable and the problem was solved.

• 12-17-2007 2:44 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Yep - me too, I made my own datalink cable to connect my MX5500 to BM7000 and had this problem. I bought a B&O datalink item and it solved it. I thought I may just get away with the inferior shielding of my own cable but - alas - no.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 12-17-2007 6:59 PM In reply to

• a11mcr
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-29-2007
    • Redcar,North East
    • Posts 154
    • Silver Member

Thanks for the advice does anyone know where i can buy the cable from (B&O are a bit expensive) i am looking for approx 25M of unterminated cable.

I have tried maplins but all they sell is overall screened cable or two pair screened.

Many thanks and merry christmas to you all

Mark

Kind Regards, Mark

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)