in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-24-2007 10:46 AM by Stars. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2007 9:11 AM

Opinions Wanted - My System Design

I am installing B&O in multiple rooms of my condo.  The condo has 2 bedroom, 2 baths, and a kitchen that opens directly into the living room.  Here is the current plan:

1.  Living room - BeoLab3s with a BeoSound 4 

2.  Master and Guest Bedrooms each get a pair of BeoVox1s in the wall.

3.  Non-B&O Outside speakers on the balcony

Other system components include the Beoport, Beolink system, and a Beo System1 processor,

While I would love to have a subwoofer (BeoLab 2), a center channel (BeoLab 7-2), and a couple of rear speakers its cost prohibative at this point in time.  So given a limited budget, I wanted opinions on my choice of components and the basic system design. 

• 12-16-2007 9:14 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Re: Opinions Wanted - My System Design

I think it would help if you post some pics of your rooms. Btw, what's your budget ?

If you buy a pair of 3's with a bs 4 new, you can also buy a bs9000 with a pair of 8000's secondlife for 500,- Euro's less...

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 12-16-2007 9:17 AM In reply to

A good basic setup if you ask me. In the future you can easily update with a BL7.2 and get BL3's for rears as well. Or use the BL 3's you're planning to buy and get a pair of BL 9's. Would a pair of CX speakers work on the balcony? By the way which TV are you using?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-16-2007 1:56 PM In reply to

I would consider something better than Beovox 1s for the bedroom. Beolab 4000s spring to mind. You won't need the amplifier then.
  • 12-16-2007 2:38 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Haven't heard the BeoVox 1s yet, so I wouldn't be able to say anything about the link rooms.

However, what I would say about the BeoSystem 1 is that you should try and get a BeoSystem 3 instead. There is an absolute world of difference between the two.

Also, RE the BeoSound 9000/BeoLab 8000 combo mentioned earlier on, I'd rather have the BeoSound 4/BeoLab 3 combo personally. Sounds better (IMO) and looks better. Personal preference though...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-23-2007 12:28 AM In reply to

I am planning to use a Panasonic TH-50PZ77U or the TH-50PZ700U 50” plasma.    Any rough idea of the cost of a BeoSystem 3?  I am assuming it will be cost prohibative.   What are the avantages of the BeoSystem 3 over the BeoSystem 1?

• 12-23-2007 12:59 PM In reply to

Where I live (Holland) a Beosystem 3 costs 6.775 euros. I don't use any of these systems but I'm pretty sure I can find some information about the two. I will post this later.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-24-2007 5:02 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The BeoSystem 3 is a supermassive improvement over the BeoSystem 1, in terms of performance (sound and vision, the differences are huge) and general functionality.

IMO, B&O should have named the BeoSystem 3 something else which doesn't relate it to the BeoSystems 1 & 2, it's capabilities are so massively superior...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-24-2007 10:46 AM In reply to

Welcome to BeoWorld BeoUser1.

For your living room (and audio room I suppose). In terms of sound I would agree that BeoSound 4 and BeoLab 3s are the way to go. This setup sounds better than BeoSound 9000 and BeoLab 8000s to my ear. However if I were currently in your position, I would home demo a BeoCenter 2 Audio with BeoLab 3s as I personally far prefer the design of the BeoCenter 2 to the BeoSound 4.

Naturally, sound and design will depend upon your living room, your taste of music & design and of course your own ear. Ask your dealer to home demo some of the equiptment you are interested in and if you could really stretch a little further to BeoLab 9s, consider those too!

Keep us updated with your "Coming Soon" setup! Yes -  thumbs up

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)