in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-16-2007 11:59 PM by ahoover. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2007 3:19 AM

Need Help Scientific-Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC to BV9

I need guidance of how to properly connect a Scientific-Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC Rev6.3 to the Beovision 9 integrated Beosystem 3.

The Scientific-Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC has the following connections:

1 Cable In - Connect the coaxial cable that delivers the signal from your cable service provider

2 Cable Out - Connect a coaxial cable to send analog audio and video signals to a TV or VCR. These signals are standard-definition TV (SDTV) video and stereo audio

3 PrPbY/V - Connect the 8300HDC (in HD mode) to the component video input (YPrPb) on the HDTV. When the 8300HDC is configured for SD mode, the Y/V portion of the component video output connects to the composite video input of an SDTV.

4 Digital Audio Out - Connect an RCA cable to send a digital audio signal to a surround-sound receiver or other digital audio device

5 Out 2 (Secondary Video and Audio Out) - Connect to either a VCR for archiving saved content from the 8300HD or
     connect to another set of inputs (composite) on your HDTV

6 Audio Out (LEFT and RIGHT) - Connect RCA cables to send analog audio signals (left and right) to the stereo outputs of an HDTV

7 Optical Audio Output - Connect an optical cable to send a digital audio signal to a surround-sound receiver or other digital audio device

8 S-Video Out - Connect an S-Video cable to send an S-Video signal to your TV or VCR. This signal is standard definition but higher quality than other SDTV connections

9 IR (This connector reserved for future use)

10 HDMI - Connect the HDTV HDMI™ connector to the HDMI port. HDMI supports both digital audio and video. May be used to connect to a DVI interface using an adaptor for video and separate audio connections. You can use any of the following audio connections: Digital Audio Out (4), Audio Out [LEFT and RIGHT] (6), or Optical Audio Out (7)

11 CableCARDTM - Slot for CableCARD multi-stream card for decrypting subscription digital channels. Obtain the multi-stream card from your cable service provider.

12 SATA - Connect to an external Serial ATA (SATA) hard disk drive for expanded recording capacity. Check with your cable service provider for a list of approved hard drive models for use with the 8300HDC

13 1394 Outputs - Connect to display devices equipped with 1394 inputs. These connectors might not be available on all 8300HDC models. When you connect the DVR-DVD to your TV using 1394, you must make additional video and audio connections to your TV to receive analog signals

14 AC Outlet - Connect the AC power cord from another device, such as a TV

15 AC Power Input - Connect the power cord to deliver power to the 8300HDC

This is from the S-A 8300HDC manual. I have this in PDF if that helps.

I also have the IR transmitter with the mini phono jack for control of the STB if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Al

• 12-15-2007 7:25 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: Need Help Scientific-Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC to BV9

Simple, really.

Use an HDMI cable, and the IR flasher you mentioned.  Plug the IR flasher into one of the IR ports for AV 1-4 on the BeoVision 9, and the HDMI into any one of the 4 HDMI ports (A-D).  Go to the 'Connections' menu (menu-menu) on the BV-9, select the AV input to which you attached the IR cable (which you should have already mounted the the front of the Explorer on top of it's 'eye'), press 'Go', Choose the 'label' for the input button you want to use (DTV is good for the 9), Change the HDMI input to the one you chose,, press 'go', finde the closest SA-8300 unit off of the list shown (there is more than one page, scroll down if you have to), press 'go' again, and you should be done, press 'exit'.  I'm not standing infront of one right now, but I think this'll get you right through the process.  There are several SA-8300 units onm the current list each with a different 2-letter suffix, so you may have to fiddle around a bit to find the correct one.

Ask for more help if you need.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 12-15-2007 1:37 PM In reply to

Russ:

Thanks so much. I'll buy a HDMI cable and try that config for the S-A Explorer 8300.

Can you see my post on the DVD1 to Beovision 9 connections and advise?

Thanks in advance!!

Al

• 12-16-2007 11:59 PM In reply to

Russ:

Worked right out of the box from your directions - THANKS!

Al 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)