in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-24-2007 4:46 PM by Stars. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2007 2:52 AM

My first Comments about the Earsat 2

So, last Saturday I picked up my long awaited Earsat 2 and was also provided with a CD in a brochure called "This is Different" by Kipper. On the inside of this CD package was an introduction by Graeme Taylor of B&O UK, so I must assume this is a UK only promotion. The writeup tells me that this is the forth CD produced by Kipper for B&O, I guess I missed the last three, very nice but perhaps not really my taste.

Anyway back to the Earsat 2, I have the right ear version (1100083) which I am using with my Sony Ericsson W800i, the spec says that the charge time is 3 hours, but mine was fully charged in one hour. I registered the Earsat with my phone and started using it. The sound is very clear indeed and I had the radio on in the background in my office. To one caller I asked them when they could hear the radio as I turned it up. They started to hear it when the volume got to 34 on the B&O scale of my BeoPort. There are Beolab 4000's connected to my Beoport right behind me. So, the background noise cancelling does seem to work.

The design of the Earsat 2 is the classic B&O design and the way in mounts onto the charger is just great. The down side for me was when I came to fix the charger to the wall. You have a very small piece on plastic which you fix to the wall with two screws and you have what must be the smallest grub screw which any human could make, less than 1mm in diameter which attaches a small metal bracket. Once the metal bracket was on the wall you slide the plastic charger over it and you have finished the installation. The problem is the charger is just a push fit. B&O have made the mounting of this charger a complex engineering task when it could be very simple.

I am sure most users will not mount the charger on the wall as I have done and just leave it on their desk. Back to the Earsat 2 itself, well it does what it says it will do. You can answer the phone by pressing the little button at the back of the Earsat 2 but I found it difficult to locate the switch when wearing the device, so I still press the button on my mobile to answer a call.

For such a small device the box it comes in is quite large and all black. The box is 190 x 190 x 110 mm and you open the lid and go wow. Certainly a good part of the price of the product must be the packaging.

Well I am pleased with the device and it meets my expectation except for the charger.

What do other users of Earsat 2 think ?

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-24-2007 2:56 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Re: My first Comments about the Earsat 2

Interesting review Keith. How comfortable is it to wear over longer periods?
  • 04-24-2007 3:00 AM In reply to

I wear glasses and that was my initial concern, however I have been wearing the Earsat2 for two days now during the working part of the day and I do not notice it just like my glasses.

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-24-2007 7:01 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Congratulations on your purchase, Keith, and I'm glad you're happy with it.

As a driving instructor, it is imperitive that I use an earset (£2500 fine plus three points). The one I chose about a year ago was a Jabra JX10. Designed by Jensen, it's an absolute joy to use!
    Sometimes I forget I'm wearing it and it has background noise eliminator like yours. It also came in fantastic packaging and it looks gorgeous sitting on it's matching brushed alluminium charger.
    The thing I like about it oner Earset2 is the fact that it's so inobstrusive being quite small.
    There is an earset marketed for Vertu and as far as I can see it's a Jabra JX10 with Vertu printed on it instead!

I'll bring it to Struer and show you.

'Edit'   PS it was £45 on eBay, new. Big Smile

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-24-2007 8:22 AM In reply to

I noticed when flying swiss last week that they are the first airline to offer earset 2, only on longhaul flights and I can't remember the price
  • 04-24-2007 9:55 AM In reply to

• the_shdw
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

http://www.swiss.com/web/NS6/toys.pdf

It's 369 CHF (about £150). I notice they also sell A8 earphones and the BeoSound 2 as well.

• 04-24-2007 2:21 PM In reply to

Keith, How much did your ear-set2 cost?

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 04-24-2007 3:13 PM In reply to

Paid £230 for my Earsat 2

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-24-2007 4:46 PM In reply to

Singapore Airlines occasionally have B&O bits and pieces.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)