in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-14-2007 6:31 PM by frankmj. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-12-2007 9:55 AM

selecting V.AUX with Beo5

On my Beosystem 1 and Avant, the actual V.AUX command on the Beo4 is not used for certain connected devices when using the V.AUX source input. Rather, the "TV" button on the Beo4 is pressed repeatedly to toggle between the TV and V.AUX sources. Unfortunately, this applies to the new "Apple Remote" source when connected to V.AUX.

How have other members handled the programming on the Beo5 for such V.AUX sources?  

• 12-12-2007 10:19 AM In reply to

Re: selecting V.AUX with Beo5

beojeff:

On my Beosystem 1 and Avant, the actual V.AUX command on the Beo4 is not used for certain connected devices when using the V.AUX source input. Rather, the "TV" button on the Beo4 is pressed repeatedly to toggle between the TV and V.AUX sources. Unfortunately, this applies to the new "Apple Remote" source when connected to V.AUX.

How have other members handled the programming on the Beo5 for such V.AUX sources?  

I would make a new button and program it to send the IR command "TV" twice.

/Frank

• 12-14-2007 5:42 PM In reply to

I fear that it might be a bit more complicated than that. The BS1 and the Avant remember the last "TV" source that was used. Also, you could have even more than 2 sources on the TV trigger -- for example, an antenna source, cable source, and V.AUX.

To complicate matters even further, you must quickly press "TV" twice to cycle to the next source. Pressing "TV" just once has the system look for the video signal again. This is sometimes necessary in the case of an HD DVD player or BD player because the start-up takes so long and the system does not detect the video signal right away. Therefore, it might be necessary to have a single "TV" command on the Beo5 as a video source "refresh" command.

I suppose that having multiple video sources toggled on the "TV" button was seen as simpler on the Beolink 1000 or Beo4 rather than using the "list" button to pull up the "V.AUX" soft button; however, this poses a problem with the more versatile Beo5. 

• 12-14-2007 5:56 PM In reply to

I don't undestand your problem. If you program a new button and send the IR-command "TV" twice, the BEO5 will send these commands faster than you can press the buttons on the BEO4 terminal, and it will toggle the Avant to the next V.AUX source.

/Frank

• 12-14-2007 6:20 PM In reply to

It detracts from the elegance of the Beo5. Think about it.
  • 12-14-2007 6:31 PM In reply to

Why??? Make a new button and name it V.AUX or what ever you like. I can't see how that should influence on the elegance of the BEO5?!?

/Frank

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)