in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-11-2007 3:02 AM by Puncher. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2007 9:22 AM

• SiP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-10-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beosound2 - New music on 1G SD Card

Hi There.

New to this forum. Maybe a stupid question. But I am working abroad at the moment until Jan. I have recently charged my Beosound2 up. Also I have put a load of new mp3 on and SD card and wish to listen to them on my BS2. However I get nothing, niche, nada. Can someone please help? I cant belive that I really need to use B&O application to listen to my music? Surely not?

Any help or tips would be most welcome and appreciated as I miss my music......

Thanks in advance 

Si

• 12-10-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound2 - New music on 1G SD Card

Hi

Welcome to the BeoWorld forum, we're glad to have you on board. I know there has been discussions about this topic previously. Maybe this thread will be of use:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/22526.aspx 

Please let us know if doesn't help you in anyway and I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable chaps will be able to help you. 

• 12-10-2007 9:51 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I don't have a BS2 so I'm only speculating but - do the mp3's play OK from the SD card while still in the PC? I also assume that the mp3's you are talking about aren't encrypted with any sort of DRM.

If both of those are OK I would try formattting the card in the BS2 and then transferring music onto it from the PC. It's not unheard of for devices to prefer media that it has formated itself rather than some third party application.

Edit: I've just re-read your original post and realise I misunderstood slightly - I assumed the SD card was new! Have you used this particular card successfully with your BS2 previously? Do you other cards that are OK or you could try?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-10-2007 11:05 AM In reply to

• SiP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-10-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply.

I have used this card lots of times. However I normally use the software supplied with B&O to load my SD card.

However been away at the moment someone bought me some music in and in my wisdom, I thought it would be as easy as wiping the card clean and adding the new mp3s. So untill this morning I had music.

I think it must be because I didn't use the B&O software to load the music, so it does not recognise the format? And I dont have my pc out here and I guess there is no way of doing this via the player itself?

I will keep looking into it and thank you all very much.. 

Si

• 12-10-2007 11:29 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

How have you organised the music on the SD card? Generally there are limitations as to how this can be done i.e. it is common that you cannot put music in the root folder, it all has to a level below (e.g. if you card shows as drive "E" in you PC then you would need to create a folder such as "e:\mymusic" and store your tracks in there. It is also common that you can have many folders at this level (these could be albums) but a few players will not allow folders within folders, therefore you folder structure would be multiple folders in a flat, one level deep arrangement.

I hope I made myself clear - It may be worth trying.

• 12-10-2007 12:27 PM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

Try to press and hold the two bottoms arrows keys.

you heard some 'bip' for few seconds  (depend the numbers of song).

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 12-10-2007 3:04 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

I had a somewhat similar problem yesterday, which after I tried 'everything possible' solved itself out rather mysteriously I must admit ... but in your case, did you try to reset your BS2? Press and hold both volume buttons at the same time and then press GO for a few seconds as well. Might help ... 

• 12-11-2007 1:51 AM In reply to

• SiP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-10-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thnaks very much guys.

All methods tried and so far failed. I have my desktop charger over here with me, so I will try and get a copy of the software and transfer the music that way. I am sure it is something very simple. However the face is now turning red and my beloved BS2 about to replaced with an alba!! LOL. I have reset the thing tried holding down the 2 arrows moved the music int a sub folder ARRGGGHHH!!! Getting so frustrated I have even forgotton what the beeps mean now!!!

Must try and do some work today! All have a good one.

Simon

• 12-11-2007 2:46 AM In reply to

Hi Simon,

I have and use my BeoSound 2 every day and transferring music isn't easy if you change your usual routine. You mentioned that you transferred your music, but not via BeoPlayer. This should be fine, unless the music files you are copying are MP4, or if the software you used encrypts the music as it transfers the music.

If that hasn't worked either, then I have a better idea. Open BeoPlayer, and instead of transferring your music to BEOSOUND 2 in the drop down menu, transfer the music into a FOLDER. Then copy & paste these files onto your SD card.

Keep us posted!

• 12-11-2007 3:02 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Last attemptBig Smile - I've read somewhere (and can't find it now) about the BS2 having to be in iTunes format if using the device in "drag & drop" mode, external drive mode - maybe you can transfer your music like this. (I don't know what switching to iTunes mode entails as I don't have one myself)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)