in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-06-2008 10:03 PM by Razlaw. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2007 7:19 PM

How to eject a DVD with BEO5

Just found out that I was able to eject the DVD-tray with the DVD command if the tray is empty. But there is a EJECT command that will eject the tray, empty or not. If you want to impress your friends...

(It works with a BV7-40 MKIII)

/Frank

• 12-10-2007 4:11 PM In reply to

Re: How to eject a DVD with BEO5

You are absolutely wrong, it does work, at least with a BV7-40 MK3 and a BEO5. And why shouldn't you be able to open the tray with the remote? The person to change the DVD could be your wife Stick out tongue

• 12-10-2007 4:16 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hello,

Yes, this function exists, as non-logical as it may be.

It is of no effect on my BC2. 

Remote opening of the viking helmet, that's WOW effect.

More seriously, I'd appreciate do press the "eject" key, go to take another CD or DVD in another room and find the BC2 ready to take it when I'm back.

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 12-10-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

YannChris:

Hello,

Yes, this function exists, as non-logical as it may be.

It is of no effect on my BC2. 

Remote opening of the viking helmet, that's WOW effect.

More seriously, I'd appreciate do press the "eject" key, go to take another CD or DVD in another room and find the BC2 ready to take it when I'm back.

Yann.

It does work from a Link room, so the DVD is ready when you enter the Main room, and  want to change the DVD/CD.

If the DVD is empty, you can open the tray with a BEO4, just by pressing the DVD button!

/Frank

• 12-10-2007 7:06 PM In reply to

It works perfectly well with my 6 years old avant 32 dvd, we never could do it before with the beo4 and for the last month and a half, we can do it with the beo5; I found it's quite useful indeed, now I can press "eject" from the viewer position and when someone arrives to the tv set 4 meters away with the disc ready in the hand, the tray is already open and nobody is forced to wait for this operation... swapping disks is really quicker and very handy now.

Santiago

• 12-11-2007 4:10 PM In reply to

You should be able to eject a DVD with the Beo4.  Select DVD then press and hold STOP.  It works on mine.

Pity the Beo5 isn't working propoerly yet!

• 12-12-2007 3:38 AM In reply to

You are correct, you have always been able to eject a DVD even on the AVANT by pressing DVD and holding down the STOP button on the Beo4. To close the DVD tray you press DVD again.

But before someone asks, you cannot open the Beosound 9000 by pressing the STOP button, it will just pause.

Regards Keith....

• 12-12-2007 7:29 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

You are correct, you have always been able to eject a DVD even on the AVANT by pressing DVD and holding down the STOP button on the Beo4. To close the DVD tray you press DVD again.

But before someone asks, you cannot open the Beosound 9000 by pressing the STOP button, it will just pause.

It doesn't work with BV7-40 MK3 though. Only if the tray is empty.

/Frank

• 12-13-2007 12:12 PM In reply to

Cool [H] Re: How to eject a DVD with BEO5

markeasterby:

You should be able to eject a DVD with the Beo4.  Select DVD then press and hold STOP.  It works on mine.

Keith Saunders:

True !!!! Surprise it works !

and I never known it...

feel sooooo stupid Embarrassed

Santiago

• 12-20-2007 5:36 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

I'm a bit confused here:

Can you / or can you not open the DVD-tray, with a dvd in it, (of a BV7-40" MK III) by the Beo5?

And if it can: HOW?

• 12-20-2007 6:43 AM In reply to

You CAN open the DVD draw on the BeoVision 7 40 MK III using the Beo5 remote. You have to add the button using the config tool. In the IR section of the button search under TV and then type in eject in the box next door. it will bring up all the eject options, just pick the bottom one, it works for me!

The only snag is that you have to be in DVD mode on the BV7 for the eject button to work. Having the eject button may save you a couple of seconds.

Vinnie.

• 12-20-2007 6:44 AM In reply to

The eject button also works on the BeoCenter 2 and the BeoSound 4 to load DVD/CD's.
  • 12-20-2007 6:57 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Oke, great Vinnie!

• 12-23-2007 11:15 AM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

On a Bc1 the dvd eject option with a dvd already in doesnt work,...at least not with a beo4,......does anybody has this working with the beo5 ?

• 06-12-2008 4:14 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Keith Saunders:

Doesn't work on mine. When I press DVD the disc starts to play, then STOP pauses it only?

• 06-12-2008 4:52 AM In reply to

Did you "HOLD DOWN" the stop button or just press the stop button ?

Regards Keith....

• 06-12-2008 5:06 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Held it down for 30 secs, nothing.

No, I tried again it only pauses the dvd? 

• 07-06-2008 10:03 PM In reply to

Our Beo 4 also only pauses the VD on a BV7 MKIII. I guess it is not possible to open the DVD with a Beo 4?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)