in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-13-2007 4:30 PM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2007 5:33 PM

Hmm [^o)] Link Room Help

Hey Everyone

I need help. However, I don't think what I want to do is possible, if it is not possible please let me know.  Here goes, my setup looks like this:

Bedroom: Non B&O TV and BS 3 and a pair of 8000's

Living Room: Avant

Kitchen:3500 

Okay the question is I have a BS3000 and I want to add it to either room, but I want to listen to my N.Music or CD all  rooms.  I think I have every possible Link option. The only thing I have  

Also I have it all going into a Master link distributor junction box.BS 3000 in Audio, my BS3 in tee Video, my Avant, 3500 and Beoport and all in Link connectors.

Any help is great appreciated... I  don't want to pill out any more hair.

Thanks

Brendon

• 12-08-2007 5:41 PM In reply to

Re: Link Room Help

Seems pretty straightforward - what is the problem? Attach the BS3000 in the Living Room and make it the Audio Master - I take it that the Avant is the Video Master? If the BS3 is master, I would attach the BS3000 to that.

Have you downloaded the Product Configuration Guide software? It will tell you all the options and how to set it up. Download it here

• 12-08-2007 6:11 PM In reply to

Peter

I have set both BS3 and Avant to master, I also try setting the Avant to link options.  I have it where it play on the BS 3 but i never play on the avant. 

Also I can get the 8000's to play in the Bedroom and control the tracks via the BS3 or the Avant but I never get sound to the Avant.

• 12-09-2007 3:37 AM In reply to

You can only have one video and one audio master - that will be the problem.
  • 12-09-2007 12:03 PM In reply to

Peter

Thanks for the help.  I was unable to link it the way I would have liked but I am to get pretty close.  

Avant - option #2

BS3 - option #1

BS3000 to option #1  and I add my Active link speaker to it uinstead of my Avant

I can now hear N.Music, Radio,and CD in both rooms and still hear TV through the Active link non-B&o spealkers

• 12-09-2007 5:56 PM In reply to

It should be like this:

Avant option: 6

BS3: opt : 2

BS3000 opt 0

BL3500 opt:6

There may only be one master Audio and video, master options is 0, 1 and 2, link options is 4, 5 and 6 

• 12-12-2007 9:36 PM In reply to

Stig

Sorry but that does not work.  With that setup here is what what happens.  I'm in my Living room and I press CD, Radio, or N.Music the Avant comes on but no sound, the 3000's come on but the no sound from those passive speakers.  What does happen is my 8000 in my Bedroom starts playing any of the audio commands.

Please any other suggestions.  The only thing that work work with the following is the speaker in the Avant don't play.

Avant - option #2

BS3 - option #1

BS3000 to option #1

• 12-13-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

set Avant to option6. then press Radio + speaker + 1! If it's an ild Avant with surround you cant set front speaker to none and it will play front speaker only when it's in audio mode
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)