in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-09-2007 3:24 PM by Medogsfat. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2007 6:23 PM

• pinkert7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-07-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

What needles/ cartridge can be used with Beogram 4002 turntable?

Hi this is my first post and looking forward to learning about linear turntables and the beautiful vintage line from B&O. Now here is my situation. I need to know what what other cartridge/ stylus other than the MMC20EN will be a direct plugin for a 4002 beogram? So far from my searchin the web that all I can figure. I hope there is more compatibility with later styles for example mmc-4? Reason being I believe my wife bought me a used 4002 for chrismas from a music store that we visited a couple weeks ago. I had never seen a B&O in person and probably seemed excited to my wife when I started inquiring about it to the sells person. I was astonished how heavy it was and really wasn't to interested in buying it for $250.00. I buy turntables online and Im pretty particular about what I choose. I recently in the past six months got into the whole vinyl thing and started paying attention to auctions on ebay On B&O turntables. So now my wife has given me some clues to make me believe that she has bought this 4002 that might need a new stylus. I hope she jewed em down on the price? Anyway I will be very greatful even if she overpaid for it. Please give me some info on the interchangeability of the cartridges? Thanks
  • 12-08-2007 3:26 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: What needles/ cartridge can be used with Beogram 4002 turntable?

We have a section in the FAQ's about this!

Link

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 12-09-2007 3:24 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: What needles/ cartridge can be used with Beogram 4002 turntable?

Frankly I wouldn't even think about trying to buy a used or even "new old stock" B&O original cartridge as they are now so old that suspension decay is a more than likely problem and you will have no guarantee of the condition or longevity. A far better bet would be a brand new soundsmith mmc20E or even better mmc20EN item which come with full warranty and are better than the B&O originals. Not quite as refined as the original B&O ones though I have to admit.

Several Beoworld members (including myself) have bought from here and everyone agrees they are excellent.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)