in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-25-2007 5:05 PM by Tom. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2007 3:02 PM

BEOVISION 9 ?????

What do you think about the new tv "design tecnologi" ?

• 04-23-2007 3:24 PM In reply to

Re: BEOVISION 9 ?????

Super, very different compared to all other plasma tv's. It even make the bv5 looks old
  • 04-23-2007 3:30 PM In reply to

Beoik:
    Super, very different compared to all other plasma tv's. It even make the bv5 looks old

I'm very enthusiastic about the BV9. A perfect solution to the large flatscreen dilemma: hanging them on a wall restricts the effective angle from which to watch -- the BV9 gives you the option of moving from place to place; in addition, you get a BeoSystem 3 inside the chassis, with all the possibilities that entails, and an HDR. Personally, I'm not that keen on BeoMedia, so I don't need that.

• 04-23-2007 3:31 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I think it's the best designed TV B&O have ever put into production actually.

Technology and performance wise as well, there's nothing out there which touches it...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-23-2007 3:42 PM In reply to

I have always been a fan of the BeoVision 5, at least from an aesthetical point of view, so for me, the BeoVision 9 continues that trend and making a unique design statement. I have seen its picture capability on numerous occasions in dealerships and it is absolutly stunning. No complaints at all.

There are many advantages over the BeoVision 5, the most significant factors (in my opinion) being that it is HD ready, has the BeoSystem 3 chassis (so all the correct connections you would require) and has a hell of a sound system built in. Then again, you would expect this for Bang & Olufsens current flagship model television.

The most important thing to consider with a BeoVision 9 is room size. At 65" it commands a large room to 'fit in' (EDIT Peter - it is actually a 50" screen)and look the part. I certainly don't have the space to accomodate such a large TV. I will be intrigued to see what happens to the BeoVision 9 in both the short-term and the long-term. The BeoVision 5, itself the flagship television only a few years ago is now selling for between £3,000-£4000. Will the BeoVision 9 suffer the same fate and if so, why?

I think if you are in the market for buying a TV at the moment (as am I) then it is a very difficult time given the current technological trends and advances. Both LCD and Plasma will soon be replaced with Laser TV, already available and selling in Japan, and several manufacturers have now abandoned plasma technology altogether including Sony. Most are working towards improving LCD on larger screen sizes, or as I mentioned, now working on the next generation TVs such as laser and other competing technologies. Laser TV has a better picture as standard than that offered by HD from the reviews I have read, all available on the internet if you search through Google. HD DVD technology is another key matter to consider and B&O currently offer no solution for this either way. I have spent much time conducting research and the end result leaves a difficult choice, because there is no one solution.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 04-23-2007 4:04 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

i think it is just perfect! best design, amazing picture quality ... a real dream

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-23-2007 4:34 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I'm loving it (insert :wub: smiley from old forum)
  • 04-24-2007 8:30 AM In reply to

The Beonic Man:

I have spent much time conducting research and the end result leaves a difficult choice, because there is no one solution.

probably best to wait a bit if you can.....

but I agree BV9 is beautiful, I thought I wouldn't like the ALT lens, but actually I do!

• 04-25-2007 3:04 PM In reply to

One of the most beautiful TVs I've ever come across, and as already mentioned it makes the BV5 look old!

I can see my family getting one very soon to replace the BV5. Being accustomed to the BV5 also makes the BV9 look bigger because it's been squashed vertically, so I was suprised to hear it was a 50" when I saw it for the first time. What do you guys have to say about its sound? I haven't had a proper demo just yet.

• 04-25-2007 3:32 PM In reply to

Henry:

What do you guys have to say about its sound?

I suppose it depends on which speakers one chooses to accompany the TV,since the integrated centre speaker is a constant.

On separate occasions I demo'ed the BV9 with BL 8000,and BL9 speakers.

The sound quality with the BL8000's was very good,but,if one can afford the extra £2500,the BL9's are so much better.

On DVD soundtracks the rendition of subtle background sounds with the 9's is very impressive.

• 04-25-2007 3:49 PM In reply to

and what I heard maybe there will be an option to intergrate a DVD player!!!!Cool
  • 04-25-2007 4:50 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

....mr anders(son):
    and what I heard maybe there will be an option to intergrate a DVD player!!!!Cool

With that screen, a Blue Ray and/or HD DVD would be more needed!

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 04-25-2007 5:05 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

TerryM:
    [...,but,if one can afford the extra £2500,the BL9's are so much better...

only by looking at their name and their acoustic lense, you can tell that they were made for each other: BL9 & BV9

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)