in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-25-2007 8:59 AM by Dave. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2007 2:36 PM

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Running with a BS2

Well, havng witnessed the marathon, I've decided to get in shape and take up running with the intention of taking part next year. Anyway, I'm now getting my BS2 out the cubboard where it's resided since I started taking public transport rather than walking to lectures (I now read books en route to work). This brings to mind 2 questions:

1) What's a decent arm strap holder for the BS2? I know there's a range of ludicrously expensive leather holders, but I don't want to spend a massive amount on what for all want and purposes is sports wear
    2) Has anyone gotten round to making a 'random' playlist generator for the BS2? I was tempted a few years ago to make one but then things got in the way. I just want to be able to stick a few hours random music from my collection on without having to think much about it
    Filed under:
  • 04-23-2007 5:13 PM In reply to

Re: Running with a BS2

There is an arm band - Look at this page on the official site. You can set the BS2 to random but I guess you mean picking from your library rather than the playback. Of course my iPod plays randomly from almost my entire library (Actually it is now full so a few tracks are missed off!)
  • 04-23-2007 11:32 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I sometimes grab a bunch of songs from the iTunes "party shuffle" playlist and download to BS2.  You need a mac, however.

Stan
  • 04-24-2007 4:02 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Note:

Please guys, be careful when doing excercise with earphones, when doing aerobic activities such as running, the risk of damage to your hearing is doubled due to the lack of oxygenated blood supply to the ear.

Treasure your hearing, the inner ear does not repair itself, and it would be a tragedy to miss out on the music and the fine sound these B&O products are capable of producing.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-24-2007 4:55 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

philipsmz333:
    Note:

Please guys, be careful when doing excercise with earphones, when doing aerobic activities such as running, the risk of damage to your hearing is doubled due to the lack of oxygenated blood supply to the ear.

Treasure your hearing, the inner ear does not repair itself, and it would be a tragedy to miss out on the music and the fine sound these B&O products are capable of producing.

Now this is one of the reasons I love this site, you learn something useful every day.

Yet another reason to explain to the missus why exercise isn't good for meLaughing

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-24-2007 5:19 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Adelaide, South Australia
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

I have the BS2 armband from B&O. It's not bad (as these kind of things go) and is purpose made for the BS2. The BS2 controls are protected from the elements by a sheet of clear plastic, but this can make for some awkward fumbling if you're running and trying to distinguish between volume and next track controls. The earphone cable has to be threaded through a hole and then connected to the BS2. It's fiddly, but quite weatherproof.

Happy running! 
    Filed under:
  • 04-24-2007 8:37 AM In reply to

Calvin:
    Well, havng witnessed the marathon, I've decided to get in shape and take up running with the intention of taking part next year. Anyway, I'm now getting my BS2 out the cubboard where it's resided since I started taking public transport rather than walking to lectures (I now read books en route to work). This brings to mind 2 questions:

1) What's a decent arm strap holder for the BS2? I know there's a range of ludicrously expensive leather holders, but I don't want to spend a massive amount on what for all want and purposes is sports wear
    2) Has anyone gotten round to making a 'random' playlist generator for the BS2? I was tempted a few years ago to make one but then things got in the way. I just want to be able to stick a few hours random music from my collection on without having to think much about it

great goal to have - very good luck......it will be hard but worth it.....

get an ipod shuffle, less heavy and easier to make a random playlist, less costly to repair if it gets damaged..... I've always been tempted by the nano and the nike running kit, but I can't run long distances in Nike shoes, the just don't offer the support that asics do.

and yes I do own a BS2, which like Peter is currently the world's most expensive paper weight....

• 04-24-2007 6:46 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Some good points all round. I didn't know B&O had made a cheaper (more sinsible) armband, I'll pop in at some point to have a look. As for iTunes, I do indeed have a Mac although I've yet to try fidling with the BeoSound in it; I wasn't really aware that they worked well together. Oh, and of course, as was said, it's interesting to learn that you're more prone to hearing damage if you're exercising.

Expensive paperweight though? Pah! You pay the extra hundred pounds or so for design, same as with any B&O product; the Serene is the same idea. It's all of course worth it when people ask to see it, are genuinely impressed and surprised, and they realise that you've got something better than they do.

• 04-25-2007 2:52 AM In reply to

BS2 as a paper weight is such a shame. They have a beautiful and simple design with sound quality that really does beat any iPod. I agree with those who say an iPod is far easier to use / find tracks etc. but I always play my music in random playlists, and just let it run through.

Yet another iPod vs. BS2 argument, but I love mine!

• 04-25-2007 4:16 AM In reply to

I do love mine, hence its a paper weight on my desk and not on ebay!!!

It gets used from time to time, but certainly not for running!!

• 04-25-2007 5:43 AM In reply to

philipsmz333:
    Note:

Amazing information. I have done so much running with earphones without knowing this. I don't ever play loud (i like to hear traffic) but i guess the sensitivity is increased due to as you say lack of oxygenated blood supply to the ear.

Thank you so much for a very informative post. Could you please let me know the source of your statement. I would like to read more on this topic.

Regards

jazz

• 04-25-2007 8:59 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

More than welcome! I remember this fact from university, i will search for a valid link to this fact with more detailed information and put it up as a new post for all to see.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)