in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-21-2007 4:26 AM by Stars. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-05-2007 1:42 AM

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 2

Hi,

every time I want to add some music to my BeoSound 2, my computer can't find it. Nor can the BeoPlayer Configuration. I have to replug the dockingstation over and over again, and restart the computer before it can find it.

There must be an easier way??

Ruivar 

• 12-05-2007 2:22 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 2

Good morning Ruivar,

Try starting BeoPlayer. Click on N. Music, then click on Setup and then click on Scan. BeoPlayer will then do a full search of your computer for music files and will list them on the bar to the left hand side of your screen. These music files will be listed there whenever you next open BeoPlayer unless the music files are moved manually by yourself.

My last check would be that your music is not an MP4 file. My BeoPlayer cannot find MP4 files, nor can the BeoSound 2 play them.

Let me know if you need more help.

• 12-05-2007 9:48 AM In reply to

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

Hi Henry,

thanks for your response. My BeoPlayer has no problems finding music files on my computer. But my actual problem is the fact that my computer can't find my BeoSound 2... Only if I restart the computer and/or plug the dockingstation in the computer over and over again. My computer is a laptop so I don't have the dockingstation plugged in at all times. Maybe that's the problem? But still, it should not be this hard for the computer to find the dockingstation...

Yesterday I fiddled around with it for about 20 minutes just for the computer to localize the BS 2... And I just think that there must be a shortcut? I don't want to use 20-30 minutes every time... But sometimes my computer finds the BS2 right away. So I don't really know what causes this problem. Any ideas??

Ruivar

• 12-05-2007 12:08 PM In reply to

Hi Ruivar, sorry that I misunderstood the problem here. This has happened to me before in the past as I too use a laptop and constantly connect & disconnect the docking station. My advice would be this:

• Make sure the docking station is attached to the mains electricity in the wall.
    • Then attach the USB from the docking station into the laptop while the computer is on and BeoPlayer is not yet running.
    • Place BeoSound 2 onto the docking station and if the light does not automatically turn red, hold down the GO button for a couple of seconds and the green light will turn to red.
    • Now finally start BeoPlayer and copy your CD or N. Music. BeoSound 2 should appear under the drop down menu as normal.

I have found that if I stick to this order, BeoSound 2 is recognised immediately by BeoPlayer. Try this out and let me know if this has fixed the problem for you.

• 12-05-2007 3:49 PM In reply to

Ruivar:

Hi,

every time I want to add some music to my BeoSound 2, my computer can't find it. Nor can the BeoPlayer Configuration. I have to replug the dockingstation over and over again, and restart the computer before it can find it.

There must be an easier way??

Ruivar 

The problem is because the drivers were installed while the BeoSound 2 was connected switched on. Completly remove all the software inlcuding BeoPlayer. Restart the laptop and reinstall the drivers only without plugging in the BeoSound 2. Restart again, then plug in BeoSound 2 and run BeoPlayer. Your problems should no longer occur.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 12-05-2007 3:52 PM In reply to

Edit of the above first sentence: "...was connected AND switched on."

Completly removing all drivers may be problematic, this will largely depend on your operating system. If you are using Vista check that the BeoSound is compatable first. It should be but I haven't owned a BS2 for several years and of course Vista wasn't out then.

All the best.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 12-20-2007 1:00 PM In reply to

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

Hi Henry,

your trick seems to workBig Smile Sorry for beeing so slow answering back... I'm glad that I don't have to reinstall everything again...

Thanks alot

Ruivar

• 12-20-2007 2:54 PM In reply to

Very glad to hear it worked Smile

By the way, is that you in your Avatar?

• 12-21-2007 4:20 AM In reply to

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

You mean my picture?

No, I wish it was me!Wink The man on the picture is the best guitar player ever... David Gilmour!!!!

Ruivar

• 12-21-2007 4:26 AM In reply to

Laughing Oh okay, my mistake. I shall do some research on him.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)