in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-02-2007 6:16 AM by soundproof. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2007 6:55 PM

• dp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-28-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Unusual combinations...

I wonder what seven BeoLab 4 plus a subwoofer connected to a BeoSystem 3 would be like... or a Serenata through BeoLab 5s... BeoVision 8-26 running HD with BeoLab 9s...

hmmmm as you can tell I'm a bit bored! Any other existing or imaginery ones out there?Hmm

• 12-01-2007 7:09 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Unusual combinations...

iPod to BeoLab 5?

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 12-01-2007 7:34 PM In reply to

Yamaha all in one surround speaker instead of BL7.1/2 Smile
  • 12-02-2007 3:48 AM In reply to

The Stig - ver. 1.5:
    Yamaha all in one surround speaker instead of BL7.1/2 Smile

You mean the one with 40 speakers, with 40 individual amplifiers? I heared that one. Quite impressive, although it was from Loewe. It needs a sub, though. 

• 12-02-2007 5:35 AM In reply to

• dp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-28-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

I heard about a chap in London who bought a pair of Beolab 5s and connected them to an iPod nano. in black obviously!Big Smile

• 12-02-2007 6:16 AM In reply to

For fun I've run my BL5s from my iPod. Works nicely, though you have to have the BL5s off when connecting if you want to try it. (Impedance blasts while connecting can destroy your tweeters if you don't.) And don't disconnect while playing.

The chap in London story I heard had a man coming to a B&O dealer, and asking whether the BL5s were as good as he'd been told. He had the dealer connect his iPod to a pair, and bought them on the spot.

BTW - the digital-to-analog converter in a regular iPod is not good enough to get even close to what BL5s can do - and when you turn up the volume you'll hear hiss in quieter portions of your music. What you should do is get a converted iPod with iLink from msb Technologies:

http://www.msbtech.com/products/iLink_web.jpg 

This has digital out, which you can then connect to the digital coax in of your BL5s. Then it's the DACs in the BL5s you are using. Store lossless music on the iPod, and you have the convenience and fun of a really small source delivering a blast of uncompressed music.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)