in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2007 7:07 PM by SWISS_2. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2007 7:54 AM

Beoport 4.65 - Album covers - Ripped CD's

1) Must I re-rip my 300 CDs one more time to see the album covers? Currently, images does only show for downloaded mp3 files!?

2) Are the image files stored in a directory somewhere or are they downloaded every time by the AMG service? 

/S 

Filed under: ,
  • 12-03-2007 3:16 AM In reply to

Re: Beoport 4.65 - Album covers - Ripped CD's

Each time you RIP a CD the system makes a connection to AMG to get the cover image, if one does not exist, then it provides a window for your to provide information about the newly RIP'ed CD.

The cover images are held in the same directory as your music file, but they are hidden files. You can enable the viewing of hidden files from Windows Explorer. If you have cover images somewhere else you can copy them to the same directory as the music file and the Beoport software will use them.

If you download MP3 files Beoport does not request the AMG service.

Regards Keith....

• 12-04-2007 1:20 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Keith;

I downloaded a few of the newer Seal albums recently, and surprisingly the album covers popped into place about 2 days later.

This may be due to the fact that I'm using Internet Explorer to facilitate B & O, and that I'm also using XP Media Centre with Beoplayer, and Beoport. Not sure where it was actually triggered from.

• 12-04-2007 1:42 AM In reply to

Well, thats very interesting that the album covers appear some days later. I have yet to see that occur.

Taking your comments into consideration, this means that Beoport/Beoplayer must scan existing music files every so often for covers which I have not seen occur on four PC's I have tested it on. More likely is that it could have something to do with the fact that you are using XP Media Centre because Microsoft also use the AMG service.

I will await for others to provide feedback on this subject before coming to a conclusion.

Thank you for your input on this subject..

Regards Keith....

• 12-04-2007 2:49 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

So Keith, how can we get the album covers for those that are absent.( Laymans terms please)

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-04-2007 3:08 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Have you tried downloading the album artwork either directly into or subsequentley copying it into the same folder as the album it represents.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-04-2007 6:13 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nice idea, Puncher, but with over 300 albums this would be quite time consuming, no?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-05-2007 7:07 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Keith;

Right. I think the CD cover art is loading in via Media Centre.

Regarding other choices for Album Art:

My routine is to download MP3, or rip a CD onto the PC, and do the following:

1. Check that it is recognized by Media Player ( Library - > Add to Library.

2. I then check and see if the CD album art loaded or not. If it did, and I like it, I leave it.

3. If not, or if I want to use another choice, I use a selection from My Pictures, or download off the internet and store the selection in My Pictures to use.

4. I right click on photo I selected and chose Copy.

5. I then open the Media Player to the new album, and right click over the blank cd cover space. This then brings up choices, including Paste Album Art, and left click it. The photo then copies onto the Album.

6. Closing Media Player, I click into Media Centre, and My Music. The album and the cover should be loaded as in Media Player.

7. Finally Beoport and Beoplayer. N.MUSIC, - > config, - > and scan. It opens as it did  in Media Centre, with the selected album art.

8. There is another further step in burning a CD from the download, which can be used in the vehicle or recorded onto the BS 3200. For those also using Beomedia, remember that the unit is also storing all photos it finds on it's Beomedia Hard Drive. This can start adding up, so I periodically move or remove a lot of photos, videos, and other art to storage on a DVD.

Having gone through a HD crash, and later a system reinstall, all music, video, photos, are stored on an external hard drive 500 G LaCie Porsche Design, which compliments the overall  B&O design in the Living Room.

I hope this is helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)