in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-20-2008 11:52 AM by Urs. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2007 4:58 AM

Beo5 Software

I am very sorry but I have had to remove the links to the Beo5 software placed by one of our members. The distributing of this would be contrary to the spirit of co-operation between Beoworld and B&O and we cannot be seen to be acting illegally. Please not not post new links at present.
  • 12-01-2007 6:46 AM In reply to

• Urs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beo5 Software

Hello Peter

I buyed the Beo5 some day ago, as I have many B&O products and 6 linked roomes, I had to pay more than the list price at the B&O dealer. He said he needs money for the programming! Now I'm sitting here with this new toy and wonder what I got for the money I paid for programming. I only have THREE pictures for TV (would be too much work for the dealer to do more), nothing with Teletext, PC without pictures function, no web access and so on).

If I read now what else could be done with the Beo5 it seems to me as I bought a Ferrari who is limited on 20 miles in a hour, and for this I had to pay more than list price.

As I work more than 20 years with software and PC's I feel well to do my own (and sure it will be better!) programming!

So if anyone read this and got the software from somewhere, please can you mail it to me? Or can you write to me in email where I may download it?

thanks a lot in advance!

urs

• 12-01-2007 10:02 AM In reply to

I would contact B&O and see what they say! I think you are entitled to have your Beo5 set up properly when you get it. This is part of the purchase price.

Personally I agree with you and have made representations to B&O about this. They are of the opinion that the dealers are the best people to do the programming. Where are you based? Keith has prepared some templates for dealers for UK users. 

• 12-01-2007 10:49 AM In reply to

• Urs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

I'm based in Switzerland, so I think that the templates from Keith are not usable for me. The dealer told me, that it is very hard to program the Beo 5 and it takes lot of time for him. My feeling is that he don't know a lot of the software and I'm sure that he won't be the only dealer who gets problems with. This is what I read between the lines here in the forum.

Don't like to bring back the Beo 5 again to the dealer, I now that this will not be done for free. As I bought it, he told me first, that he can not programm all the TV-Stations with a picture, because of that is so much work. Also I read in the manual that customers get a configuration sheet, and this I don't get too. We have lots of small dealers who sell not only B&O products, thats why the support is not so great. 

Best for me is, that I found this forum as I was looking for the software. The site is very helpful and interesting to read!

Thanks for your big work you did!

Urs

• 12-01-2007 6:37 PM In reply to

Urs:

I'm based in Switzerland, so I think that the templates from Keith are not usable for me. The dealer told me, that it is very hard to program the Beo 5 and it takes lot of time for him. My feeling is that he don't know a lot of the software and I'm sure that he won't be the only dealer who gets problems with. This is what I read between the lines here in the forum.

Don't like to bring back the Beo 5 again to the dealer, I now that this will not be done for free. As I bought it, he told me first, that he can not programm all the TV-Stations with a picture, because of that is so much work. Also I read in the manual that customers get a configuration sheet, and this I don't get too. We have lots of small dealers who sell not only B&O products, thats why the support is not so great. 

Best for me is, that I found this forum as I was looking for the software. The site is very helpful and interesting to read!

Thanks for your big work you did!

Urs

I have a great sympathy for this situation. This is a very very sad story to hear and I wonder if B&O every really thought through this strategy by only letting "retailers" having the power of the usability of such an expensive piece of equipment. Where are consumer rights here?

We can only call upon B&O to release the same software to customers who want it, or in this case, absolutely need it. I'm afraid this is not the last story we will hear about this.

Welcome to the forum Urs, and we will try to help you where possible

Good luck !

BeoDane

• 12-02-2007 8:41 AM In reply to

• Urs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hello BeoDane!

Thank you for your welcome and for your helpful words. What disturbs me most is that retailers are begining to take money for programming the Beo5. I understand them, that this will be a never ending story if the do not. Finaly they realy lost time (but also should get more experience).

Now I'm lucky that I found the software and can start to do it myself. And with all the hints and tipps in this forum it should be not a hard work to learn it. So I wait until tomorrow if I can buy a usb-cable to connect the Beo5 first time to the pc (can't wait :-))

Thanks again!

Urs

• 03-21-2008 5:25 AM In reply to

Hello Urs!

where do you have found the software for programming the Beo5?

You are Urs Rösli from media21?

You see ,a possibility to send me the configuration tool for Beo5?

My retailer dont want me give the software. He said the size is 78 MB.

My e-mail box is 2GB; Also it woudnt problem for annex ad a mail.

My Adress is ppeter@t-online.de .

It would be very nice when you can send me the tool!

Regards Peter 

• 04-20-2008 11:52 AM In reply to

• Urs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hello Peter,

sorry I did not see your message before and I'm not media21.

I only have the old version of the configuration tool and I'm not sure if you want this too. Otherwise I will be very happy to send you the link where you may download it. I think it will be the best if all users who are interest get this tool, so B&O need to give it to customers too. It's not fare that we buy a remote and if we have to change something we need to pay extra and to go to the store and so on!

Also if anyone have a link where I may download the new configuration tool it would be great (even if I have no problems with the older version).

Regards

Urs

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)