in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-23-2007 1:53 PM by Craig. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2007 8:38 AM

Freeview boxes compatible with BV5 S.T.Box?

wow, just fired this new forum up on my computer..good stuff. nice clean lines..bit like B&O Wink

wanted to get a freeview box but which ones are compatible with my STB on my vision5.didn't want to get one and find it doesn't work.don't watch loads of t.v but would like the extra channels & don't wnt to spend more than a £100. saw a Philips DTR200 at richersounds for £50?

once you buy plug it in, how do you get the STB to 'communicate' with it. do you need to change any settings or get a software upgrade?

seethroughyou Smile

• 04-23-2007 9:23 AM In reply to

Re: Freeview boxes compatible with BV5 S.T.Box?

The STB controller communicates just like the remote control of the devices remote control. In practical terms there is a 3.5mm jack socket at the back of the BeoVision and you plug in the supplied cable which has an IR transmitter which is stuck on your STB in front of the receiver. You plug your STB into the scart and tell it which setop box you have assuming it is a support box and you are there.

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-23-2007 10:42 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

If you go into the menu. It should give you a list of supported STB's.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-23-2007 1:47 PM In reply to

just accessed the menu under 'connections'..thanks but the list of freeview boxes listed are all really old and nearly all of them can't be purchased anymore.do i need a software update on the vision 5 or if it says panasonic tu-ct20 does that mean all modern panasonics will work.the other ones can't be bought anymore & reluctant to buy the panaosnic as it's got terrible terrible reviews on reviewcenter and on amazon.co.uk...what setboxes do you guys have with your vision5s?
  • 04-23-2007 1:53 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

From what I understand your dealer can update the list for you.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)