in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2007 5:16 PM by Jandyt. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2007 3:26 PM

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Changing Sources

I have problems changing sources. My setup is a BV6 (with DVB-T & front speakers) masterlinked to a BS9000. On the Beo4 I can watch DTV, and then press CD (TV turns off and CD kicks in), and visa-versa. But on the Beo5 I want the following:

Zone 1 - BS9000 - CD1

- CD2

- CD3

- CD4

- CD5

- CD6

- Radio (Analogue). In this submenu I have Radio1, Radio2, etc, etc

BV6 - (sub menu containing all the DTV channels)

DAB - (sub menu conating all the DAB stations)

From off I can press BS9000 (CD starts OK, press CD 2 (for example) and clamp moves and CD plays). Now press 'Radio-Analogue' then (for example) BBC Radio 3 (from within the BS9000 menu) and the CD moves to no.3 (it hasn't selected Radio it has only seen the no. 3 button). This is quite simple to correct - I need to add a 'radio' button to all my radio stations?

Now if I press BV6 (CD shuts off and DTV comes on). All OK. Now Press DAB and DAB kicks in. All OK. Now if I want to go back to TV I press BV6 (or any of my channel logos) and it wants to change the DAB radio station as per my channel number, it doesn't shut down DAB and start DTV mode. If I press BS9000 it works OK and the DAB shuts down and the BS9000 starts, the Radio-Analogue aslo works from here.

Having typed this out this is starting to make sense (I think). God, this is a knightmare.

Ian

• 11-28-2007 4:11 PM In reply to

Re: Changing Sources

Don't think your Beo5 is set up correctly!! When setting the Ciffer codes, you can choose the type of device that this is to operate . You seem to be getting generic codes. Obviously my system is different to yours but have not hit that problem. Can happily swap between DVD, DTV,TV etc.
  • 11-28-2007 5:10 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

How do you setup differ Ciffer codes? I thought there is only 1 ciffer and that is just like button '1' on a Beo4. I've been adding CD:Ciffer 1, DTV:Ciffer 2, etc.

Ian 

• 11-28-2007 5:16 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Ian, I don't think you should be putting DTV or CD before the ciffer but just make sure it's a radio code or a tv code.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)