in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2007 10:08 PM by aweicc. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2007 8:45 AM

HD tv Channel in Australia on BV 7

I can wait until tomorrow and ring up my dealer to confirm this, but I just found out that I can't watch any of the HD broadcast here in Australia.

I mean, I sold my $3000 dollars Sony which plays HD for a $20000 TV and I can't receive HD broadcast? 

I  seriously hope its only because I didn't set it up properly :( 

• 11-28-2007 11:06 AM In reply to

Re: HD tv Channel in Australia on BV 7

Whats the actual problem?

You have a STB that receive HD broadcast? If so the BV7 should be able to show you the broadcast, through the DVI input.

If your old TV had a inbuilt box that handled HD signal, you probably have to buy a separate STB for that purpose.

/Claes 

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 11-28-2007 3:16 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

You will need to get a Strong 5400 connected to the DVI like the rest of us. The internal controller will only handle SD.

Beoaus.

• 11-28-2007 6:38 PM In reply to

You are using a Mark II or the recently released Mark III BV-7 I assume? And, a 40 inch screen I am guessing? If not, then you might not have an HD ready TV. If you have the Mark I then you don't. If you have a Mark II then you can view HD via DVI at 720p, if you have the Mark III then you can view HD at 1080p. The latter version is the one I have just bought in the UK. It was delivered yesterday. Check the service menu to see what you have and have a look at the viewing hours while you are their. If you have the recent Mark III (and it is very recent, literally just come on the market) then it will have a built in Freeview (DVB) tuner, which means if you are connecting to a seperate satellite receiver then you need to use the V.AUX on your remote control and wiring connection. All the best.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 11-28-2007 6:54 PM In reply to

To avoid confusion, there are no regular 1080p broadcasts anywhere in the world, so don't worry if you don't have the MKIII version. Broadcasts are 720p or 1080i. As mentioned you'll need a version of your provider's decoder that outputs an HD signal. I'm waiting for mine to get their tests finished ...

• 11-28-2007 10:08 PM In reply to

I got the latest Mk III, BV 7-40, I just spoken to my dealer today and he said the tv cannot decode HD broacast only SD, beoaus is right, and maybe next  year at August B&O will bring out an update module.

I am just really surprised that BV7 doesn't come with a HD decoder, as most if not all high-end tv does.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)