in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-23-2007 11:19 AM by Craig. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2007 6:37 AM

• Beo422
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beo4 remote not working

Hi

I am new to this forum... so forgive me if this question has been raised  before.

I have a Beo4 remote which has stopped working completely.... the display of which has suddenly stuck on TV and I cannot contol any of the normal fuctions.

Is this a common fault.... and any idea as to how much it will cost to repair?

I live in the S E of the UK

Any ideas???

Thnx

• 04-23-2007 7:16 AM In reply to

Re: Beo4 remote not working

The Beo4 is very reliable normally, but have you considered replacing the three batteries ?

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-23-2007 7:18 AM In reply to

We had  a similar fault with our beo 4 with the same problem as you. It cost us about £60 - £70 to fix. I can't remember the exact price, but as it was this expenisive, we have resolved never again to let our beo 4 be able to accidentally drop off our sofa!!.

Good luck getting yours fixed though. Hope it costs less than this.

• 04-23-2007 8:33 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

It sounds to me, very likely that the dome foil membrane under the rubber key pad is at fault. These are readily available on eBay and if you can work a screwdriver fairly easy to replace. It may only need cleaning you could try taking it out and cleaning it very gently with methanol or something similar (I use isopropanol from my chemist) You could save yourself a few quid by doing it yourself. Let us know if you have any problems.

Andy T.

BTW, Welcome to the forum, Tell all your friends Smile

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-23-2007 10:02 AM In reply to

Had severla Beo 4's that have done this over the last year or so and tracked each down to a spillage of various liquids onto them.........One refused to come to life even afetr dismantling completely, cleaning with Isapropynol and drying thoroughly but then came back to life by itself after about a week

Worth dismantling and cleaning I would say

Steve

• 04-23-2007 10:34 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

My Beo4 started playing up, it would just go blank. If you gave it a shake it would come back to life. My dealer said it had had something spilt inside it.Angry(Not by me). They let me borrow one which was the latest version. Never got it fixed as I purchased the one the lent me from them for £75. Now use it in the Bedroom. Think I will try and clean the inside after reading this thread.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-23-2007 10:51 AM In reply to

Craig:

My Beo4 started playing up, it would just go blank. If you gave it a shake it would come back to life. My dealer said it had had something spilt inside it.Angry(Not by me). They let me borrow one which was the latest version. Never got it fixed as I purchased the one the lent me from them for £75. Now use it in the Bedroom. Think I will try and clean the inside after reading this thread.

CraigBig Smile 

Yea, we had the same problem as you Craig, and it cost us that much to get it repaired!! If it happens again, think I may just have a look inside.

• 04-23-2007 11:19 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

My dealer quoted £55 to repair it, but offered me the other one for £75. Could not refuse.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)