in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-29-2007 4:48 AM by Sigmund. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2007 3:47 AM

• Sigmund
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-20-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 46
    • Silver Member

BeoLab 3500 and the main speakers

I am looking into buying a BeoLab 3500 for the kitchen, but there is one part of the functionality that I can't find documented anywhere: does it work independently with respect to the main speakers?

What happens to the main speakers when I'm in the kitchen and, say, start a CD remotely via the BL 3500? Will the main speakers sound as well? (I know the volumes can be controlled independently, but that's not the question.)

The same question apply in reverse: when the CD (or TV or whatever) is turned on in the main room, will the BL 3500 be turned on in the kitchen as well?

Finally there is the question of separation and overlap for the remote control (Beolink 1000). The kitchen and the main room are adjacent with a wall and a door between them. Could it be problematic to have a zone where both the BL3500 and the main unit pick up the signals from the remote control?

Sigmund

• 11-28-2007 4:01 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Re: BeoLab 3500 and the main speakers

Hi Sigmund,

The speakers work independantly. One prees on the remote will activate the speakers in the room you are in, two presses and it will activate both rooms.

You may get the second problem occuring, depends on the wall thickness to some degree. The speaker has different settings though that are easy to program in as to its position. you will find these in the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Jonnie

• 11-29-2007 4:48 AM In reply to

• Sigmund
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-20-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 46
    • Silver Member

Re: BeoLab 3500 and the main speakers

Thanks, Jonnie, for the good news.