in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-27-2007 5:24 PM by 355f. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

Re: BV7-40 (HD/Blueray)

BeoDane,

It's all about balancing the high value / high pricepoint luxury position for B&O and grow the business at the same time. In a maturing market the only way to grow revenues and not loosing the competitive edge in their positioning strategy is to utilize the refurbed/churned products to push new equipments into the market. (I think you know already)

The sad thing is that we all think "our" release were the right timing.. And we are all proven wrong unfortunately (Se 355f's points earlier). I don't wan't to buy Aldi players! I want a fully functioning high end system with upgrade functionality. unfortunately B&O know's that isen't the way to grow their business...

The Dane

I'll hold you up on the beer : -)

Maybe this is as good as it gets... BV7-40 MKII, BL9, BC2, BL6000, MX4000, Beosound 3, HDR1
  • 11-27-2007 4:35 PM In reply to

Exactly my point Fredrik !

• 11-27-2007 4:38 PM In reply to

Frederick is the owner of two MKIII... Just add's to my point on timing. (You want to stay in the comfortzone... Be real, be objective...OK I'm pushing it now !)

I'm jalous of your MKIII compared to my MKII

The Dane

Maybe this is as good as it gets... BV7-40 MKII, BL9, BC2, BL6000, MX4000, Beosound 3, HDR1
  • 11-27-2007 4:46 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

In fact i just own one MK III Dark Grey and one MK II Silver BV7-40...

Maybe i should write 2xBV7-40 (MK II / MK III) in my signature to be correct !? ;)

Regards  

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-27-2007 4:50 PM In reply to

Niveau:

Frederick is the owner of two MKIII... Just add's to my point on timing. (You want to stay in the comfortzone... Be real, be objective...OK I'm pushing it now !)

I'm jalous of your MKIII compared to my MKII

The Dane

Go and get yourself a nice Carlsberg, Tuborg or your local brew (ever tried an Odense?) and enjoy your Mk2 - you got it now - I stil have to wait another week, so who's better off?  :)

Cheers! - Skål!

• 11-27-2007 4:53 PM In reply to

: -) Well put ! Enjoy the waitout... You will love the equipment I'm sure.

Cheers !

• 11-27-2007 5:01 PM In reply to

355f:

The whole 1.3 thing is  a mess and the problem further is that the transfers on many BR discs are no better than scaled DVD.

The whole industry needs a rethink of a standard for the SOURCE- in theory one should buy a 1080 panel with a BR source and the picture should be superb but in reality on the whole - apart from a few 'status discs' the format doesn't deliver as it should.

The issue of 1.1 profile players is a worry- it makes all previous players obsolete and no one knows if the future 1.1 discs will play on a non 1.1 machine.

Amazing. As it was explained to me manufacturers of players can pick what they want from the broad menu of HDMI 1.3 features -- but the makers of processors and receivers have to make certain that their units can address the whole palette of options and configurations, which makes it very complicated to make reliable components.

I agree. It's a mess -- and consumers should also realize it's a boondoggle, designed to create new DRM standards. I kind of don't like the fact that I could be locked out of my hardware if "it" decides I've made unauthorized use of it. Given the trouble people had playing Pirates of the Caribbean disks they had bought legitimately on their HD players I can only imagine what's going to happen when I'm sitting down to enjoy a movie at the end of the day, only to be told that my player has been deactivated because of "suspected unauthorized use."

I'm amazed at how well my Mac mini is upscaling regular DVDs to my 50" plasma. A friend of mine who's a film director was here last Saturday and we were watching a few scenes from Black Hawk Down (enjoying the sound work). He asked if I had bought BluRay and refused to believe that I was using a mini. (Connected to the screen via a DVI to HDMI conversion cable).

• 11-27-2007 5:24 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:
    355f:

The whole 1.3 thing is  a mess and the problem further is that the transfers on many BR discs are no better than scaled DVD.

The whole industry needs a rethink of a standard for the SOURCE- in theory one should buy a 1080 panel with a BR source and the picture should be superb but in reality on the whole - apart from a few 'status discs' the format doesn't deliver as it should.

The issue of 1.1 profile players is a worry- it makes all previous players obsolete and no one knows if the future 1.1 discs will play on a non 1.1 machine.

Amazing. As it was explained to me manufacturers of players can pick what they want from the broad menu of HDMI 1.3 features -- but the makers of processors and receivers have to make certain that their units can address the whole palette of options and configurations, which makes it very complicated to make reliable components.

I agree. It's a mess -- and consumers should also realize it's a boondoggle, designed to create new DRM standards. I kind of don't like the fact that I could be locked out of my hardware if "it" decides I've made unauthorized use of it. Given the trouble people had playing Pirates of the Caribbean disks they had bought legitimately on their HD players I can only imagine what's going to happen when I'm sitting down to enjoy a movie at the end of the day, only to be told that my player has been deactivated because of "suspected unauthorized use."

I'm amazed at how well my Mac mini is upscaling regular DVDs to my 50" plasma. A friend of mine who's a film director was here last Saturday and we were watching a few scenes from Black Hawk Down (enjoying the sound work). He asked if I had bought BluRay and refused to believe that I was using a mini. (Connected to the screen via a DVI to HDMI conversion cable).

Yes its correct that manufacturers can choose from the 'menu'of 1.1 features. the problem is in reality that as display panels become cheaper the electronics and scaling are of very poor quality. In fact 1080 is a false standard for quality HD- it comes 10th down the list as to what makes a good HD picture. Its getting to the stage where , because of internal losses in the electronics, that with a poor quality 1080 one can lose 40% of the information. So the 1080 screen is incapable of showing HD!!! the Korean brands are the worst LG and samsung make awful plasmas- pleased to say Sony gave up on plasma. Im amazed at the difference watching a panasonic or pioneer plasma compared to say LG- its the difference between hidef and not!

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2