in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-27-2007 5:24 PM by 355f. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2007 12:57 PM

BV7-40 (HD/Blueray)

I have heard from my dealer that B&O won't wait until the battle between HD and Blueray is over... They are working on a drive which does both...

Are we looking at a BV7-40 MK4...  If so I won't trade my current MK2 just yet...

The Dane

Maybe this is as good as it gets... BV7-40 MKII, BL9, BC2, BL6000, MX4000, Beosound 3, HDR1
  • 11-26-2007 1:12 PM In reply to

Re: BV7-40 (HD/Blueray)

• 11-26-2007 1:21 PM In reply to

Standalone drive or standalone BV7-40 (I.e. MK4...) The dealer didn't mention a new DVD player, but referred to the embedded drive update only!

Maybe this is as good as it gets... BV7-40 MKII, BL9, BC2, BL6000, MX4000, Beosound 3, HDR1
  • 11-26-2007 1:28 PM In reply to

same as DVD2, but if he is right thats nice. Maybe a BV9 with inbuilt bluerayYes -  thumbs up
  • 11-26-2007 1:31 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

I have heard that BV10 will have a inbuilt HDDVD/Blueray player. So they are working on it.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 11-26-2007 1:36 PM In reply to

BV-10  For the European market ? (Excuse my ignorance)
  • 11-26-2007 1:50 PM In reply to

Christian:
    I have heard that BV10 will have a inbuilt HDDVD/Blueray player. So they are working on it.

and HDR3, Beomedia2 etc etcStick out tongue

• 11-26-2007 2:22 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Niveau:
    BV-10  For the European market ? (Excuse my ignorance)

Yes 102 inch, price around 100.000 €

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 11-26-2007 2:36 PM In reply to

:-)  Over the top....
  • 11-26-2007 8:07 PM In reply to

Dear All:

A most fascinating rumor.  If the case is so, will the new BV 7 be one that can be 'upgraded?'  Or will the upgrade be a box attached to the tele?  Any ideas of the price of upgrading the current BV 7 DVD player the HD players?  

Lot's of questions raised which is the fun part of speculative, vicious rumors.

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 11-27-2007 11:58 AM In reply to

With all the collaboration with Samsung, I thought this was article on a dual format BR/HDVD player was interesting. Could it form the basis of a future B&O product?  I know it's not the first or only dual format player.

• 11-27-2007 12:28 PM In reply to

Look at this, All-in-one: Blue-Ray / HD-DVD + DVD/CD playback + Also writes all standard CD/DVD formats Dual layer DVD+/-RW burner 

And an entertainment PC as well Wink

£629.99 / € 899,-

• 11-27-2007 1:25 PM In reply to

Niveau:

I have heard from my dealer that B&O won't wait until the battle between HD and Blueray is over... They are working on a drive which does both...

Are we looking at a BV7-40 MK4...  If so I won't trade my current MK2 just yet...

The Dane

Last week I ordered the BV 7-40 Mk3 and asked my dealer the very same question prior to my order. "Is the internal DVD drive upgradeable to Blue-Ray and/or HD-DVD to make my new investment just a little future proof?" My dealer told me they had the presentation of the new BV7-40 Mk3 in Berlin back in September and the B&O representative replied that "Yes, it will be upgradeable". B&O will launch a stand alone player playing both Blue-Ray and HD-DVD and the unit inside the BV7 will be upgradeable by changing the unit, softwareupdate, and ready to go. I wanted this statement in "black-and-white" whereafter my dealer especially contacted B&O in Struer and this was confirmed (not the forthcoming standalone player.. as usual).

Launching a full HD product like the BV7-40 only makes sense if you can actually utilize the built-in DVD player to the fullest. B&O has chosen to lauch the Mk3 now in order not to lose market share, but the product is upgradeable.. what the DVD unit concerns.

• 11-27-2007 1:48 PM In reply to

BeoDane,

Sounds great , but my dealer told me the same thing about the panel on th MKII (Upgradable to full HD). 

Make sure to get it in black and white.. I believe that the MK4 will be on the street LONG before we see the upgrade kit. (Money makes the world go around)

The Dane

• 11-27-2007 1:48 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

BeoDane:
    Niveau:

The Dane

Last week I ordered the BV 7-40 Mk3 and asked my dealer the very same question prior to my order. "Is the internal DVD drive upgradeable to Blue-Ray and/or HD-DVD to make my new investment just a little future proof?" My dealer told me they had the presentation of the new BV7-40 Mk3 in Berlin back in September and the B&O representative replied that "Yes, it will be upgradeable". B&O will launch a stand alone player playing both Blue-Ray and HD-DVD and the unit inside the BV7 will be upgradeable by changing the unit, softwareupdate, and ready to go. I wanted this statement in "black-and-white" whereafter my dealer especially contacted B&O in Struer and this was confirmed (not the forthcoming standalone player.. as usual).

Launching a full HD product like the BV7-40 only makes sense if you can actually utilize the built-in DVD player to the fullest. B&O has chosen to lauch the Mk3 now in order not to lose market share, but the product is upgradeable.. what the DVD unit concerns.

Is this the same B&O that pormised me  the BV4/bs2 could be upgraded when in fact the earlier units could not?? -the later BV5 customers who were told that the system could be upgraded and it could not? - even after giving  aserial number fo gthe product to B&O !!or maybe the beosytem 2 owners of earlier products that wanted DAB - was told it was an upgrade- when in fact the unit would not sit in the socket unit! or the BV7 owners with sound problems that were never given a fix at all? or the BV7 owners with pictures so dark via DVD they can hardly see it?? where was the fix for that! or the BV7 owners that were told the panle could be updated and it could not!or the beo 5 owners that are forced to look outside the dealer network to get the product to work properly-

Im afraid to say confirmation from B&O as i have discovered to my cost in the past means nothing- get it in writing or my e mail confirmation- bet they wont do that!! or dont buy until its out! thats the best way! and lets face it there is no indication that such a product is going to be available for quite some time so they probably dont know themselves and with all the firmware upgrade problems associated with both blue ray and HDD and the new profile 1.1 no one knows if the Samsung dual format will meet this standard- indications are that it wont-and if indeed it will be any good as a dual format device.

B&O these days is a company bereft of concern for a loyal customer base- they dont care about their customers and accordingly give statements of fact that later turn out to be nothing but ficition and rely on the fact that largely the individuals that buy it are not that bright when it comes to product specs- things are changing fast!

The market is now so fast moving that its impossible to provide backwards compatability or upgradeability on an economic scale- so B&O turns somewhat 'mystic', and  veiled -  it might- it should- it could- it may- NEVER it WILL in a letter. And they have to continue to do this because if an individual knew for SURE that the £10K he is about to spend buys a product that will be way outdated within the year- even the wealthy will question the value of that purchase and the claim forever given by B&O sales of future upgradealbility. We all doubt it might happen but if you knew for sure it wont- your purchasing would be different.

• 11-27-2007 1:50 PM In reply to

SAMSUNG is coming with a combined BluRay/HD-DVD player shortly (been in the rumour mill for quite a while). Maybe B&O are thinking of adapting that?

My Hi-Fi dealer recently confirmed he's expecting the Samsung player in January at the latest.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/13/1933201&from=rss

• 11-27-2007 1:55 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:

SAMSUNG is coming with a combined BluRay/HD-DVD player shortly (been in the rumour mill for quite a while). Maybe B&O are thinking of adapting that?

My Hi-Fi dealer recently confirmed he's expecting the Samsung player in January at the latest.

Thats correct, but the ability of samsung to produce a quality stand alone blue ray unit has to be questioned- the earler offerings were not very good at ll. The proposed  samsung duel format model BDUP5000 is expected to be £490 when it comes out late december , although the launch has been out back quite  a bit already

• 11-27-2007 2:07 PM In reply to

355f:
    BeoDane:
    Niveau:

The Dane

Is this the same B&O that pormised me  the BV4/bs2 could be upgraded when in fact the earlier units could not?? -the later BV5 customers who were told that the system could be upgraded and it could not? - even after giving  aserial number fo gthe product to B&O !!or maybe the beosytem 2 owners of earlier products that wanted DAB - was told it was an upgrade- when in fact the unit would not sit in the socket unit! or the BV7 owners with sound problems that were never given a fix at all? or the BV7 owners with pictures so dark via DVD they can hardly see it?? where was the fix for that! or the BV7 owners that were told the panle could be updated and it could not!or the beo 5 owners that are forced to look outside the dealer network to get the product to work properly-

Im afraid to say confirmation from B&O as i have discovered to my cost in the past means nothing- get it in writing or my e mail confirmation- bet they wont do that!! or dont buy until its out! thats the best way! and lets face it there is no indication that such a product is going to be available for quite some time so they probably dont know themselves and with all the firmware upgrade problems associated with both blue ray and HDD and the new profile 1.1 no one knows if the Samsung dual format will meet this standard- indications are that it wont-and if indeed it will be any good as a dual format device.

B&O these days is a company bereft of concern for a loyal customer base- they dont care about their customers and accordingly give statements of fact that later turn out to be nothing but ficition and rely on the fact that largely the individuals that buy it are not that bright when it comes to product specs- things are changing fast!

Strong words, but there is some truth in this... Just think about it.. What's the idea behind going with a full HD 7-40 MK3 now and having the knowledge you want to do HDD/Blueray drive at a later date... It don't take much to do the drive, so I'm afraid we will see the MK4 soon.. Go figure...

Having said that, I love the products... Feeling a bit provoced by the product update strategy though...

The Dane

• 11-27-2007 2:35 PM In reply to

Niveau:
    355f:
    BeoDane:
    Niveau:

The Dane

Strong words, but there is some truth in this... Just think about it.. What's the idea behind going with a full HD 7-40 MK3 now and having the knowledge you want to do HDD/Blueray drive at a later date... It don't take much to do the drive, so I'm afraid we will see the MK4 soon.. Go figure...

Having said that, I love the products... Feeling a bit provoced by the product update strategy though...

The Dane

Indeed some strong words. Again if you want the latest technology, buy a different (cheaper) brand. Surely the present panel in the Mk3 is outdated in a few months time (maybe even at this moment) however upgrading a panel, adding the BeoSystem3 to a Mk2 version is a completely different matter than just changing a (broken?) DVD-drive in the Mk3 and update the software. If worst comes to worst.. buy a multiplayer in 2 years time at half the price of a Beo4.... connect it to your HDMI on the Mk3 and you are ready to go.. if is that is what you really want :)

This issue was addressed during the presentation in Berlin back in September. I do think emotions will run quite out of control with dealers and especially customers all over if statements by B&O, during events like that, will not be met in near future or at all.

• 11-27-2007 2:41 PM In reply to

355f:
    soundproof:

Thats correct, but the ability of samsung to produce a quality stand alone blue ray unit has to be questioned- the earler offerings were not very good at ll. The proposed  samsung duel format model BDUP5000 is expected to be £490 when it comes out late december , although the launch has been out back quite  a bit already

I've heard that "everyone" is having trouble with HDMI 1.3 at present -- that is, the manufacturers of receivers and processors for same? Anything to that?

Have noticed that several announced releases of new processors and receivers (Primare, Rotel, Lexicon) have been delayed and delayed.

I lost patience with the long loading time for BR on a Pioneer player I was using and returned it. Very pleased with DVD upscaling for now.

• 11-27-2007 2:51 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

The whole 1.3 thing is  a mess and the problem further is that the transfers on many BR discs are no better than scaled DVD.

The whole industry needs a rethink of a standard for the SOURCE- in theory one should buy a 1080 panel with a BR source and the picture should be superb but in reality on the whole - apart from a few 'status discs' the format doesnt deliver as it should.

The issue of 1.1 profile players is a worry- it makes all previous players obsolete and no one knows if the future 1.1 discs will play on a non 1.1 machine.

• 11-27-2007 3:01 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

BeoDane:
    Niveau:
    355f:
    BeoDane:
    Niveau:

The Dane

The Dane

Indeed some strong words. Again if you want the latest technology, buy a different (cheaper) brand. Surely the present panel in the Mk3 is outdated in a few months time (maybe even at this moment) however upgrading a panel, adding the BeoSystem3 to a Mk2 version is a completely different matter than just changing a (broken?) DVD-drive in the Mk3 and update the software. If worst comes to worst.. buy a multiplayer in 2 years time at half the price of a Beo4.... connect it to your HDMI on the Mk3 and you are ready to go.. if is that is what you really want :)

This issue was addressed during the presentation in Berlin back in September. I do think emotions will run quite out of control with dealers and especially customers all over if statements by B&O, during events like that, will not be met in near future or at all.

With respect I feel my post has been misunderstood- I have access to all the 'other' brands to which you refer - and incidentaly 'other doesnt always mean cheaper  but it does mean more up to the minute products that are technically superior with excelolent customer support and as a result a good dealmore 'futureproof' than the present strategy of B&O is turning out to be!

The market is now so fast moving that its impossible to provide backwards compatability or upgradeability on an economic scale- so B&O turns somewhat 'mystic', and  veiled -  it might- it should- it could- it may- NEVER it WILL in a letter. And they have to continue to do this because if an individual knew for SURE that the £10K he is about to spend buys a product that will be way outdated within the year- even the wealthy will question the value of that purchase and the claim forever given by B&O sales of future upgradealbility. We all doubt it might happen but if you knew for sure it wont- your purchasing would be different. I dont think B&O care to much about their dealers anyway!

• 11-27-2007 3:14 PM In reply to

BeoDane:
    Niveau:
    355f:
    BeoDane:
    Niveau:

The Dane

The Dane

BeoDane,

I'm afraid that the dealers not always fight the voice of the customer here. They have invested their existence in the brand and does, as B&O themselves, also profit on early churning of products. (Pushing their own products down mainstream via the second hand market.. It's all about top line growth as you know : -) 

I'll bet you a good beer that the MK4 will be on the street LONG before we see the upgrade kit...

The Dane

• 11-27-2007 4:18 PM In reply to

The Dane:

Sure I see your and others point and the dissapointments from the past surely shines through the statements, but pushing a Mk4 version within 1 or 1.5 years will hurt B&O beyond imagination. If B&O is trying to play "catch-up" with the main stream market, they will lose the game for sure and they know that. Imagine Porche releasing a complete new 911 every year like other brands do. You lose the creditability and eventually your customers, not matter how cool your product may be. Again, we are talking a DVD unit update only, and if you can't wait - go and buy the Aldi multi player, so what's the big deal?

There is no such thing as total future proof or we would not have this topic or any other topic here for that matter. Still the new Mk3 is stunning in picture and quality so bring on the Mk10 - I'll still be smiling a lot with my Mk3

BTW - love Danish beer :)

• 11-27-2007 4:29 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

BeoDane:

The Dane:

Sure I see your and others point and the dissapointments from the past surely shines through the statements, but pushing a Mk4 version within 1 or 1.5 years will hurt B&O beyond imagination. If B&O is trying to play "catch-up" with the main stream market, they will lose the game for sure and they know that. Imagine Porche releasing a complete new 911 every year like other brands do. You lose the creditability and eventually your customers, not matter how cool your product may be. Again, we are talking a DVD unit update only, and if you can't wait - go and buy the Aldi multi player, so what's the big deal?

There is no such thing as total future proof or we would not have this topic or any other topic here for that matter. Still the new Mk3 is stunning in picture and quality so bring on the Mk10 - I'll still be smiling a lot with my Mk3

BTW - love Danish beer :)

I hope your dealer is right with the DVD update BeoDane!  Because Beo can´t continue to upgrade the BV 7 in this rapidly high speed if they don´t offers a upgrade kit for the inbuilt DVD.. It´s bad for the brand !!! 

BL8000 MkII Black

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >