in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-25-2007 8:39 PM by mfirst. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2007 5:38 PM

Beo4 Lintronic, something else.......

Like everyone else - I love my Beo4....... and I know we have talked about this before, but......

even more so now that I have remotes from other manufactures which are awful.

I know people love the Lintronic system - do they have a U.S. model?  which one do people suggest?  Anything else out there which is good for using the Beo4 to control other stuff?

thanks

-michael 

• 11-25-2007 5:43 PM In reply to

Re: Beo4 Lintronic, something else.......

You can use lintronic anywhere only difference is the power supply Smile
  • 11-25-2007 6:27 PM In reply to

I ma using lintronic in US. You will typically need the TT455-RT-238 (the one I got) This will receive and transmit both B&O and regular Ir signals. They ship without the powersupply, If you dont have a standard powersupply, you can get one at radioshack.

I am using mine to control my projector, cablebox and a PC with music and my B&O.

• 11-25-2007 7:10 PM In reply to

It looks good - and I have been following the comments over the years.

Just a little turned off by the price (thank you $US these days) and that the company is in Europe if I have questions/problems.

What cables would I need and can I use my Mac to program it?

-michael 

• 11-25-2007 8:09 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Lintronic is a VERY VERY flexible device. As has been stated below. A simple Radio Shack power adapter will do. The "Configurator" is the application you use to program the Lintronic455-238, unfortunately, the app is windows only. So if you have a preintel mac, you'll need Virtual PC and Windows XP as well as a keyspan serial to USB adapter. I have a Mac at home, but I used my (UGH) work PC to program the lintronic. With PC's all you'll need is a male to female serial cable.

The latest version of configurator is very simple to use, and with a little practice you'll be working with it quite well.

I'm in the US, but the Lintronic developer is VERY helpful if you get into trouble or are confused (via email).

I can attest to his willingness to help out.

Feel free to message me and we can chat offline if you want any more information from a person who very very very recently purchased Lintronic and has worked through the little aches to get it working well.

-Sal 

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 11-25-2007 8:24 PM In reply to

The Lintronic seems to be the way to go, but I not sure I am ready for the $400 price tag.

-michael 

• 11-25-2007 8:27 PM In reply to

I am also in the US. I have used Lintronic for aout two years now. It is a great little box. Michael at Lintronic is always amazingly responsive. I use it to control my Apple TV and X-10. I also use it to control my AppleTV from ML rooms via whole house X-10. Not ideal, but it works.

I'm glad to help if you have questions as well.

• 11-25-2007 8:39 PM In reply to

I have heard great things (on this forum) about the product and support.......

just asking about others experiences and options

-michael 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)